By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Recommend me some SNES games?

I feel your pain with N+...at least you beat it. I couldn't take it any more..my controller might have gone through my tv if i tried to play any longer.

but some more great SNES games are

Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Queset
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Chrono Trigger
Super Castlevania IV
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Secret of Mana
Kirby Dreamland 3
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Super Street Fighter II
Pocky & Rocky

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Around the Network
Trunkin said:

I think there's a bit of confusion here. lol I meant that Faxanadu the user mentioned Soulblazer earlier in this thread, lol. Faxanadu the game isn't related to Soulblazer, as far as I know. 

Okay, that's the confusion I had.

Trunkin said:

So, any suggestions for me? My favorite genres are Platformers, Action RPGs, and Action Adventure games, although I am open to pretty much any game as long as it isn't a topdown shooter.(Too frustrating  >_<) 

SNES is the perfect system for those genres :)

Some recommendations:

Final Fantasy III
Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Street Fighter II
Final Fantasy II
Donkey Kong Country 2
Killer Instinct
Contra III
F-Zero
Super Mario RPG
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time

And that's just scratching the surface.

Trunkin said:
Aidman said:
definitely " Chrono Trigger ".

I played Chrono Cross and loved it. I've been meaning to play Chrono Trigger since then, but I haven't gotten around to it. I do see it on the Android Market for $10. D'you think it's worth it?

If you can get the DS version then do it with blinded  eyes and yes it's  WORTH MORE then TEN DOLLARS by far.

Aidman said:
Trunkin said:
Aidman said:
definitely " Chrono Trigger ".

I played Chrono Cross and loved it. I've been meaning to play Chrono Trigger since then, but I haven't gotten around to it. I do see it on the Android Market for $10. D'you think it's worth it?

If you can get the DS version then do it with blinded  eyes and yes it's  WORTH MORE then TEN DOLLARS by far.

I'm sad to say that I don't own a DS. I've been mooching off my brother's for the longest time, heh. It appears that the Android version has the redone translation and two new areas that were designed for the DS version. The main dealbreaker is that Squenix implemented some sort of always-on DRM. -_- That wouldn't be a problem normally, but I don't have service on my smartphone right now, so I'd be forced to use it at home, which defeats the purpose of getting it for the phone in the first place! Hopefully there's some way around it.

Around the Network

Donkey Kong Country 1-3

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Trunkin said:
ToraReaper said:
Pocky and Rocky 1 & 2.

I remember me and my siblings spending a great many rage filled hours playing Pocky and Rocky 2 when I was  a kid. We never made it so far as the 4th stage. I really should devote a weekend to beating that game once and for all, if only for bragging rights.

Haha, i know how it is, the game is absurdly difficult, it was one of my favoite games on the system even though i couldnt beat it.