By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Recommend me some SNES games?

michel3105 said:
Zelda is majestic.

Also, a big surprise, for me, has been Assault Suit Walken (Cybernator in the west).

Cybernator reminds me of Metal Warriors. Metal Warirors was incredible!

Around the Network
JimmyDanger said:
Surprised not to see Actraiser 1 & 2.

Loved those games.

I was wondering how this thread got to the end of four pages before someone finally  mentioned Actraiser (the first one, at least).

Isn't Illusion of Gaia/Time the second game in a "spiritual series"? (ie. A successor being only a spiritual successor to the others. For instance, Terranigma has some small references in regard to Illusion of Gaia, but I heard that there was a game before Illusion of Gaia that it was a spiritual successor to....)

fordy said:
Isn't Illusion of Gaia/Time the second game in a "spiritual series"? (ie. A successor being only a spiritual successor to the others. For instance, Terranigma has some small references in regard to Illusion of Gaia, but I heard that there was a game before Illusion of Gaia that it was a spiritual successor to....)

Yeah, Soulblazer is apparently the "first" game. Faxanadu mentioned it. I dunno if I'll be playing it, though. It doesn't look as polished as it's semi-sequels.

I can't think of any games that haven't already been mentioned. If you're looking for action/adventure RPGs, there's Zelda 3, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma (Chrono Trigger is still menu based, but a midway point between action RPGs and Final fantasy series). For platformers, there's the two Mario releases, and if you're looking for a bit of both, you can't go past Super Metroid or Super Mario RPG!

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
JimmyDanger said:

Loved those games.

I was wondering how this thread got to the end of four pages before someone finally  mentioned Actraiser (the first one, at least).

Yes. I was scanning the pages to see if I was really gonna b the only person recommending this.. What a tragedy that would have been!

Developed by Enix,  it's an action and city building simulator.  You play God.  True gem!

snyps said:
burninmylight said:
JimmyDanger said:

Loved those games.

Yes. I was scanning the pages to see if I was really gonna b the only person recommending this.. What a tragedy that would have been!

Developed by Enix,  it's an action and city building simulator.  You play God.  True gem!

lol. I guess I have to play it now. Is it strange that I'd never seen the game in action before today? 

Pocky and Rocky 1 & 2.

BasilZero said:

RPG
Final Fantasy IV/II
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI/III
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Breath of Fire I
Breath of Fire II
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom
Lufia and the Rise of the Sinistrals
Earthbound
Front Mission
7th Saga
Dragon Quest/Warrior V
Dragon Quest/Warrior VI
Paladin's Quest
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei 2

RPG-Action/Adventure
Terranigma
Secret of Mana
Secret of Mana 2 / Seiken Densetsu 3 (which imo is better than Terranigma)
Tales of Phantasia
Star Ocean
Illusion of Gaia

Platformer
Super Mario World/Super Mario All Stars
Yoshi's Island
Kirby's Dreamland 3
Kirby's Super Star
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Earthworm Jim
Earthworm Jim 2
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Super Adventure Island
Super Adventure Island 2

Shooting/Side Scroller/Etc
Zombies Ate My Neighbors!
Super Metroid
Jurassic Park The Lost World
Star Fox
Aero Fighters

Beat Em Up
Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Knights of the Round
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4

Racing
Super Mario Kart
F-Zero

Simulation
Harvest Moon

Action/Etc
Act Raiser
Act Raiser 2

Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold
Clay Fighter
Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat Series

Adventure
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past

Puzzle
Super Bomberman Series

Woah! That is quite a list. You've played all those games?

ToraReaper said:
Pocky and Rocky 1 & 2.

I remember me and my siblings spending a great many rage filled hours playing Pocky and Rocky 2 when I was  a kid. We never made it so far as the 4th stage. I really should devote a weekend to beating that game once and for all, if only for bragging rights.