By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo thinks I'm a kid

Tagged games:

Even though my profile says I'm 27 years old and I own a creditcard which I buy my games with, Nintendo doesn't allow me to purchase any mature rated game on the Eshop before midnight. Newsflash: I, like many adults I presume, have a job, and my alarm goes off at 6:00. I don't stay up just to be able to buy some game. Apparantly Nintendo thinks only kids or parents with kids own a WiiU. How insulting can a company be?

Is there any way to disable this ridiculous restriction?

Around the Network

Do you live in europe? Then they're working on a solution.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:

What solution? When? Pleased to hear they are working on it.

That's ridiculous. They need to fix that in some way so that it makes even a shred of sense. I don't see why it can't simply be linked to parental controls.

Chrizum said:
Otakumegane said:

What solution? When? Pleased to hear they are working on it.

It's a German law causing the problem, not sure what exactly they're gonna do but they did state they are working on it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

you live in europe so you have to abide by german law since nintendo is based there.

Hi Nintendo, welcome to the internets. Here is where you can buy stuff, here is where you can talk to friends. and here is every piece of deprived offensive material known to man. Enjoy.

They just need to warm up to how things work.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chrizum said:

Nintendo doesn't allow me to purchase any mature rated game on the Eshop before midnight.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

blame German laws

Don't blame Nintendo, blame the law which forces them to do this.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.