By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo thinks I'm a kid

Tagged games:

So if you guys are saying that Nintendo does this to follow a law, does Microsoft and Sony have to do the same?

Around the Network
Deyon said:
riderz13371 said:
Then you people wonder why everyone thinks Nintendo consoles and games are for kids =P

I'm joking! Don't hurt me.

And they still want 3rd party developers to take them seriously. Not gonna happen Nintendo, if you keep doing this.

If they keep what up?  Are you really blaming Nintendo for this?  Get a clue dude.

Stop hating and start playing.

riderz13371 said:
So if you guys are saying that Nintendo does this to follow a law, does Microsoft and Sony have to do the same?

Since both of thier HQs are in UK they don't.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

riderz13371 said:

No, why would it? They are based in two different countries with different laws.

Edit: Again, Nintendo has said they are trying to fix this. (Acording to other people in this here thread.)

Chrizum said:

Even though my profile says I'm 27 years old and I own a creditcard which I buy my games with, Nintendo doesn't allow me to purchase any mature rated game on the Eshop before midnight. Newsflash: I, like many adults I presume, have a job, and my alarm goes off at 6:00. I don't stay up just to be able to buy some game. Apparantly Nintendo thinks only kids or parents with kids own a WiiU. How insulting can a company be?

Is there any way to disable this ridiculous restriction?

Title of thread is silly.  If Nintendo thought you were a kid, you wouldn't be allowed to purchase it after midnight either.

Around the Network

Nintendo thinks all kids own there consols lol bad joke.
Anyway they should fix it soon,

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Or they could just apply the laws based on time zone / ip / location - since you know it's quite easy to get the location of hardware from it's IP address, or to simply impose the restriction only on consoles with the time/language set to german - restricting an entire console for an entire region just because of a single country is a really bad way to go about it, doesn't matter if the company is based in germany or not.

Though one can't help but wonder if Nintendo knowingly chose germany because of the law so they could use it as an excuse to extend their overbearing, protective hand across their community.

badgenome said:
Chrizum said:

Nintendo doesn't allow me to purchase any mature rated game on the Eshop before midnight.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

What anime is this!? exploding face was a shocker

Congressmen would love this having their law being spread on a whole nation from one of the best establish brand and infect their fellow kingdoms... lol

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Otakumegane said:
Chrizum said:
Otakumegane said:
Do you live in europe? Then they're working on a solution.

What solution? When? Pleased to hear they are working on it.

It's a German law causing the problem, not sure what exactly they're gonna do but they did state they are working on it.

Yeah, the same German law that restricts downloading mature content on PSN and XBL too, rembember?...Oh wait...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey