By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem: Awakening NA eShop sales (outsold New Super Mario Bros. 2; #18 Overall)

Tagged games:

Yep, our eShops are different. Fire Emblem has 2,427 reviews here (US).

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

Don't understand why. It's way too expensive, and when Nintendo told me I should download because "there is no cardrige to lose!", I wanted to punch them in the face.

I may or may not have bought both the eShop and physical versions of the game just so I didn't have to open the physical copy...

Fire Emblem is shown as #1 in Recent sales on my eshop (NA) but doesn't show on the all time sales yet, New Super Mario Bros. 2 seems to be the only full retail game on that list at #20. Wonder if FE can break into it and how long that would take....

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Paper Mario is #20, Fire Emblem is #11, and NSMB 2 is #7 (US LTD). Check All Software in the charts menu then sort it by 3ds.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Sorry, meant #6 for NSMB 2.

Around the Network
SwansVanTerif said:
Don't understand why. It's way too expensive, and when Nintendo told me I should download because "there is no cardrige to lose!", I wanted to punch them in the face.

I'm not even sure what you're complaining about.  

You're starting off your post referring to something we have to, at best, guess at.  Then you say "it's way too expensive," but I have no idea what you're referring to.  What is way too expensive?  

And how did Nintendo tell you, specifically, to download it because "there is no cartridge to lose."  Do you mean customer service?  If that's what they said to you, it's most likely to console you.

Regardless, this is a very small reason to want to punch someone in the face.

MDMAlliance said:
SwansVanTerif said:

You're starting off your post referring to something we have to, at best, guess at.  Then you say "it's way too expensive," but I have no idea what you're referring to.  What is way too expensive?  

And how did Nintendo tell you, specifically, to download it because "there is no cartridge to lose."  Do you mean customer service?  If that's what they said to you, it's most likely to console you.

Well, I'm talking about the game which this thread is about, of course. And didn't you see the latest Nintendo Direct? That's where they told us.

Also, I'm really close to punching Nintendo in it's actual and very real face, so thanks for calming me down ...

SwansVanTerif said:
MDMAlliance said:
SwansVanTerif said:

Well, I'm talking about the game which this thread is about, of course. And didn't you see the latest Nintendo Direct? That's where they told us.

Also, I'm really close to punching Nintendo in it's actual and very real face, so thanks for calming me down ...

You seriously think $39.99 is too expensive?  So any retail game that hasn't been marked down yet is too expensive for you.  

Also, I was in class when the Nintendo Direct aired.  I really think you're one of the only people who are upset about this specifically to the point of losing your mind.

Wow, good going Fire Emblem.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

MDMAlliance said:
SwansVanTerif said:
MDMAlliance said:
SwansVanTerif said:

You seriously think $39.99 is too expensive?  So any retail game that hasn't been marked down yet is too expensive for you.  

Also, I was in class when the Nintendo Direct aired.  I really think you're one of the only people who are upset about this specifically to the point of losing your mind.

For a digital download? Yes. Way too expensive. They must have lost their minds. I trust Nintendo to do right by gamers, and these prices are nothing of the kind. At least half price for downloadable titles, or I will not even consider. I like my collection to have value, to be resellable and to be physical, maybe some people don't, but I think those people are foolish.