By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony slumps most in 4 years overnight in Japan. Down 11%.

Nsanity said:
Wasnt Kaz suppose to fix everything?

yes

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Ji99saw said:

When the PS4 releases will the game division be back to losses? Just curious if they will sell at big loss or not

Based on expections, it'll be over 9000 in power but will only cost $300-400.

lol you are the only 1 with those expectations

Hasn't the vita sales gone up slightly?

kowenicki said:
Kasz216 said:
kowenicki said:
Kasz216 said:
Huh I'm shocked. Thought for sure the market consensus was that Sony was in an awful position and doing awful.

I guess Panasonic and Sharp raised expectations last minute?

The consensus was for a net profit.  I bought my shares late last year based on that and luckily they shot up, so no harm done if I sell today. 

Fair enough, guess i haven't been paying much attention since i saw a bunch of analysts just really take a negative outlook a month or two ago.  I'm really only a long term multiple year investor so i more or less have written off the entire Japanese Electronics market.

Surprised you wouldn't just wait till the 20th though hoping for a minor bump.  Though i suppose there is nothing preventing it from going lower.

I've made around 40%. That's enough, you have to know when to take profit and not be greedy. 

Just because they are announcing something doesn't mean it will be greeted by investors with open arms. Actually it could go either way. And as the article in the OP sounded that even though they are expecting the PS4 to be announced on the 20th, they will not invest in the company as a group until they see how the company performs after the items are on the market.

HesAPooka said:
^^ how long has he been at the helm for?

It'll take 10 years to realize his full potentials.

Around the Network

But.. the operating profit!!

Yay!!!

I was wondering if sony expected this kind of drop so thats why they decsided to show the ps4 on feb to hopefuly make up some of that drop.

Dont even sweat it guys... people here tells me PS4 will bring sony back!.. wait and see!

Meh investors knew they were not doing good and thought that sony could not do anymore worse...

It must be great for Apple and Samsung to see that they have nothing to do to bring Sony down. Sony hurt themself.

Wonder if the PS4 announcement is going to help things. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Nintendo and PC gamer