By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony slumps most in 4 years overnight in Japan. Down 11%.

Nothing Sony can't cover over and over.

Around the Network
Spazzy_D said:
Weird, not a single Kaz avatar in this thread....

You were saying!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Spazzy_D said:

Thank goodness. They're funny but its getting really old. 

It can never get too old.

<------

I can predict the op a lot lately lol. Sony will be fine, unfortunately they have to deal with the problems they've caused. Mostly them, the yen wasn't helping.

think-man said:
Spazzy_D said:

You were saying!

I missed you guys!

Around the Network

This was to be expected. Sony's stock rise was too bullish. Nothing positive came from their report.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
REDZONE said:
I see the expected are having an orgasm on this news.

nah man, when the stocks go up i am sure the OP will make a positive thread about it...

nop , not gona hapen ...

kowen always posts financial news for the big 3.  He's really into that and knowledgeable about it.  Plus he, unlike many of the Sony fanboys on this site, actually OWNS stock in Sony.  So why would he root for them to fail when their success would make him money?

Seriously, I don't know if I can do another gen here.  The next hasn't even officially kicked in yet and it's already like this ...

Bristow9091 said:
Out of curiosity, how does one go about buying shares in a company?

You can try scottrade, last time i checked it was seven dollars fee regardless of the amount of shares,  but investing in sony is going to require alot of patience right now.

"We're in the business of making money" said by every company ever known

id bet on picking up shares a few days before this event, to sell the next day, even if only to make 3-5 %. just with e3 most VG companies see a small rise just before, and trickle back down for a few days afterwards; however, if they can't stay in the black for the 4th quarter, o boy, if you short the stock just before the announcement; you may be in for some huge gains in 1 day, then turn around and buy em to ride the wave back up. its simple daytrading rules imo.

Demensha said:
id bet on picking up shares a few days before this event, to sell the next day, even if only to make 3-5 %. just with e3 most VG companies see a small rise just before, and trickle back down for a few days afterwards; however, if they can't stay in the black for the 4th quarter, o boy, if you short the stock just before the announcement; you may be in for some huge gains in 1 day, then turn around and buy em to ride the wave back up. its simple daytrading rules imo.

true. this kind of leads to the conpiracy theory of why sony is having this announcement after the C.E.O. went on record saying they wouldnt show the ps4 until microsoft revealed their next console. Anouncements like this usually have a positive effect on the company's stock, if ever so slightly, sony should see a small bump. Still, after reading their financial statements, i think sony still has a way to go before i would invest.

"We're in the business of making money" said by every company ever known