By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony slumps most in 4 years overnight in Japan. Down 11%.

newwil7l said:
How will Sony recover. I'm pretty sure PS4 will be their last console

Would love to know the source of that claim given that Sonys gaming side has always been strong enough, while there is a Sony there is going to be a Sony Gaming division and consoles in some shape or other if not their own machine in front of your Tv then in the handheld area.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Bonus points to person who can find a video report of record losses by Atari and post it somewhere. I am getting that vibe here.

kowenicki said:
Kasz216 said:
kowenicki said:
Kasz216 said:
Huh I'm shocked. Thought for sure the market consensus was that Sony was in an awful position and doing awful.

I guess Panasonic and Sharp raised expectations last minute?

The consensus was for a net profit.  I bought my shares late last year based on that and luckily they shot up, so no harm done if I sell today. 

Fair enough, guess i haven't been paying much attention since i saw a bunch of analysts just really take a negative outlook a month or two ago.  I'm really only a long term multiple year investor so i more or less have written off the entire Japanese Electronics market.

Surprised you wouldn't just wait till the 20th though hoping for a minor bump.  Though i suppose there is nothing preventing it from going lower.

I've made around 40%. That's enough, you have to know when to take profit and not be greedy. 

Yeah actually after seeing the news out of Europe and Japan's quick retreat I can see your point.  Looks like the EU is threatening a currency war if Japan tries to devalue their currency anymore.   

I already knew who would be posting this hahaha so bitter.