By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rayman Legends petition- keep the date

Tagged games:

The delay isn't going to do Ubisoft any harm, only Nintendo.

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:
Euphoria14 said:
TomaTito said:

Then you begging to wonder what method they use to listen to their fans.

How did those PS360 fans get heard and not the WiiU ones in other countless occasions...

That's simple.

PS3 - 72.5M

XB360 - 74.1M

WiiU - 2.60M

Rayman Origins PS3 - 720,000

Rayman Origins XB360 - 550,000

Rayman Origins Wii - 420,000

Even the Vita version sold 290,000

Are we all forgetting that this is not the first delay for the game, and that it was given the green light by the 'men in ties' as a Wii U launch day game when the userbase would have been 0?

No, we are not. However, considering the current state of WiiU sales and the fact that it missed the holiday season, it made the choice to go multiplatform much easier.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

think-man said:
Not signing due to the fact that releasing this in 3 weeks will only hurt the ps360 sales sorry....

Great reply this.

I hope next time a late port to WiiU sells like shit you are not bagging out the WiiU users for the poor performance.

d21lewis said:
Not gonna bother signing. They knew how excited people were for the game. The knew about the positive feedback from the demo. All that did was swell Ubisoft's ego into thinking that this game could compete with the big boys. It will still be a great game, I'm sure. It's just destined to be another "Beyond Good and Evil" or worse yet, another "Rayman Origins" if it releases so close to Christmas.

They also knew pre-order numbers, sales of their Wii U games, Wii U sales, and demo downloads.  Considering Origins sold a lot better than Beyond Good and Evil, I'm not sure how that'd be worse.  Either way, both probably sold better than an exclusive Wii U release of Legends would.

I think the biggest reason is the poor Wii U sales have casused retailers to be averse to ordering much Wii U software.  When stores are still selling through stock from before Christmas, and selling just handful of software each week, they aren't going to order hundreds of thousands of copies of Rayman.  Ubisoft is probably hoping Nintendo turns it around by September and the PS3/360 sales will just be a bonus.

Euphoria14 said:
milkyjoe said:

Are we all forgetting that this is not the first delay for the game, and that it was given the green light by the 'men in ties' as a Wii U launch day game when the userbase would have been 0?

No, we are not. However, considering the current state of WiiU sales and the fact that it missed the holiday season, it made the choice to go multiplatform much easier.

Right. That still doesn't get away from the fact that the very same businessmen were initially happy to aim to launch as an exclusive when the userbase was 0.

It only makes sense to delay and port for the reasons given in a world where Rayman was always intended for a February launch, but it wasn't. So if we're making the assumption that the suits at Ubisoft know what they're doing and making sound business decisions, then they made the wrong decision at least once already, which negates the idea of them knowing what they're doing to begin with....

Really, what difference would ~3.5m Wii U owners have made vs the current ~2.5m, when the first game sold on consoles with a combined userbase totalling hundreds of millions and they couldn't even sell 1.5million units.

VGChartz

Around the Network

Creating a petition isn't going to solve anything..... and even if they did release it on the day I can guarantee it wouldn't sell the number that have signed the petition....

I suggest looking at the 34k of software sold on the wii-u in January as a very good reason why this has been delayed.

peachbuggy said:
over 2000 names already. Why is 2500 the number needed? I reckon this petition could reach 10x that!

The 2500 is transient, more like "EXP to Next Level": every time the goal is reached it goes up a bit.  Psychologically, I'm guessing people are much more likely to sign when it's close to a milestone — it feels like their vote actually makes a difference.

MakeAmazing said:
Creating a petition isn't going to solve anything..... and even if they did release it on the day I can guarantee it wouldn't sell the number that have signed the petition....

I suggest looking at the 34k of software sold on the wii-u in January as a very good reason why this has been delayed.

It only sold 34k of software in January in the UK, not all countries.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Yes i know... but thats still terrible.

Cobretti2 said:
think-man said:
Not signing due to the fact that releasing this in 3 weeks will only hurt the ps360 sales sorry....

Great reply this.

I hope next time a late port to WiiU sells like shit you are not bagging out the WiiU users for the poor performance

Almost all games that are released late sell alot worse than the one first released, all the hype for the game would have died down and people that own more than one console would have already most likely brought it if they were aready planning it.