By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm confident Bayonetta 2 and/o Wonderful 101 will end up on PS360 now

RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
Conegamer said:
No chance. Rayman was always likely to happen, and as was Ninja Gaiden TBF. The other games? Nah.

most likely every exclusive will be released, it's not exactly easy to ignore a user base of 150 million, nintendo probably paid for a timed exclusive, it's very rare for any game to stay exclusive now adays.

Agreed, 3rd parties making exclusives these days is crazy, as they would only be losing money by doing it, and losing money in this generation means that you can get out of the business. However, in W101's case, the IP is from Nintendo, and in Bayonetta 2's case, the game is only being made because Nintendo paid them to do it. So, at least those two won't go multiplatform.

microsoft  published ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden 2, yet tecmo found a loop whole as all third party developers do.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
Conegamer said:
No chance. Rayman was always likely to happen, and as was Ninja Gaiden TBF. The other games? Nah.

most likely every exclusive will be released, it's not exactly easy to ignore a user base of 150 million, nintendo probably paid for a timed exclusive, it's very rare for any game to stay exclusive now adays.

Agreed, 3rd parties making exclusives these days is crazy, as they would only be losing money by doing it, and losing money in this generation means that you can get out of the business. However, in W101's case, the IP is from Nintendo, and in Bayonetta 2's case, the game is only being made because Nintendo paid them to do it. So, at least those two won't go multiplatform.

microsoft  published ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden 2, yet tecmo found a loop whole as all third party developers do.

Yeah, but Ninja Gaiden would have been released with or without Microsoft paying them to make the game, which isn't the case with Bayonetta 2, as Platinum Games already said it only got out of paper because Nintendo gave them the money to do the game.

With the way Ubisoft is acting, I'd be more concerned that ZombiU will end up on other consoles in some way, shape, or form.

I don't think Platinum has ever ported their games beyond the original intended consoles.

RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah, but Ninja Gaiden would have been released with or without Microsoft paying them to make the game, which isn't the case with Bayonetta 2, as Platinum Games already said it only got out of paper because Nintendo gave them the money to do the game.

i remember tecmo saying ninja gaiden will always be a xbox exclusive, just don't be surprised when you see both games get anounced on 360/ps3 after one year after release, i don't see nintendo paying them that much money, to keep it exclusive. it's just not a good investment for nintendo.

Epic Mickey
Just Dance
de Blob
No More Heroes

Series that have failed when going multiplat. after being briefly Ninty exclusive

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

i really doubut bayonetta would end up multi platform as it is funded by nintendo.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Bruxel said:
i really doubut bayonetta would end up multi platform as it is funded by nintendo.

Right. Imagine if you paid to have something made, and then the makers took it and used it to enriched your competitors. Nintendo's legal ninjas can't possibly be stupid enough to allow such a thing to come to pass. Especially since they came to Platinum Games when the incomplete game was headed for the rubbish bin, Nintendo probably had tremendous leverage in naming the terms of the partnership, and so even if Nintendo wasn't mean enough to get exploitative (which they very well could be, who knows), they would have made the exclusivity clause airtight.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Bruxel said:

Right. Imagine if you paid to have something made, and then the makers took it and used it to enriched your competitors. Nintendo's legal ninjas can't possibly be stupid enough to allow such a thing to come to pass. Especially since they came to Platinum Games when the incomplete game was headed for the rubbish bin, Nintendo probably had tremendous leverage in naming the terms of the partnership, and so even if Nintendo wasn't mean enough to get exploitative (which they very well could be, who knows), they would have made the exclusivity clause airtight.

remember microsoft paying 50 million dollars for GTA 4 exclusive episodic content,  but 1  years LATER it was released on ps3, sure nintendo saved the game from going to the rubbish but how much did nintendo pay? they might have payed only for a 1 year exclusive deal, we will never know because its under NDA. i just don't think nintendo will pay platinum games 2 million worth of sales, that would be a horrible descision for nintendo because both games are not system sellers.

ninjablade said:
Mr Khan said:
Bruxel said:

remember microsoft paying 50 million dollar for GTA 4 exclusive eposidic content,  but 1 or 2  years after it was released on ps3, sure nintendo saved the game from going to the rubbish but how much did nintendo pay? they might have payed only for a 1 year exclusive deal, we will never know because its under NDA. i just don't think nintendo will pay platinum games 2 million worth of sales, that would be a horrible descision for nintendo because both games are not system sellers.

Microsoft paid for its exclusivity, not for it to be produced period. Gay Tony/Lost and Damned would still have come into existence without Microsoft's seed money. Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo's intervention.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
ninjablade said:
Mr Khan said:
Bruxel said:

remember microsoft paying 50 million dollar for GTA 4 exclusive eposidic content,  but 1 or 2  years after it was released on ps3, sure nintendo saved the game from going to the rubbish but how much did nintendo pay? they might have payed only for a 1 year exclusive deal, we will never know because its under NDA. i just don't think nintendo will pay platinum games 2 million worth of sales, that would be a horrible descision for nintendo because both games are not system sellers.

Microsoft paid for its exclusivity, not for it to be produced period. Gay Tony/Lost and Damned would still have come into existence without Microsoft's seed money. Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo's intervention.

still point remains rockstar made that content with microsoft money and released on ps3. we don't really know the exact deal with baynoitta, maybe nintendo gave them enough funds to finish the game for a 1 year exclusive deal, then later be released on 360/ps3. i think that makes more sense for both parties in deal, nintendo, pays less money and platinum games gets more sales.