By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony hires Google Chrome marketing agency, headed by creator of Halo 3 Believe + Gears 2 Rendezvous campaigns

Hopefully this new ad agency gets to prove their skillz with some good The Last of Us commericials. Hopefully nothing live action. Those are always horrible.

Around the Network

Smart move, Sony's ADs are so fucking bad these days that they really need something new, they should have the company do their PR too, then I'll be completely happy with them again because they totally suck at these things.

Sony needs to use Kaz in the marketing... Kazmination is funny.

sales2099 said:
"Sony refused to comment about why it decided to make a change in marketing its PlayStation products at this time"

I think we all know the answer to this statement.

But good that Sony are finally getting serious about this.

The marketing company is not to blame for lack of advertising.

Sony should be telling them which games to advertise and giving them "x" amount of dollars to do so.  If Sony doesn't tell them to advertise a game or give them petty change, the fault is on Sony.  

Microsoft spent how much on Halo advertising.  Disney spent how much on John Carter, ect.  What did sony spend on some game you think didn't get any adverts?  Sony is the financial backing.  No advertising company can produce anything without money from the company paying them to do it, or telling them "WHAT" they want advertised.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

2. Power levels
    Orbis: Harry
    Durango: Ron
    Wii U: Dudley

The funniest thing I've read today, though I did have to ask my niece who Dudley was.  The odd part is she knew exactly who I was talking about when I said, "who is Dudley?"  

Guess what?

http://creativity-online.com/news/sony-playstation-leaves-deutsch-la-for-bbh-new-york/239621

At BBH New York, now led by Chief Creative Officer John Patroulis, it will be interesting to see the new developments in PS creative. Patroulis,of course, made a mark on the videogame category while at agencytwofifteen, T.A.G./McCann San Francisco, where he helped create high-profile campaigns for X-Box, including the much-celebrated Halo "Believe."

Glad Sony got an American company to sell to the biggest market as I felt MS did a ton better job marketing to Americans this gen. MS marketing was through the roof here and it obviously paid off.

Sony, welcome to the today of marketing. It's good of you to join the enlightened.

@Kitler. I think that should be Kaz's face on there.

I don't think the quality of ads were that bad, but the amount and timing was always 'wtf' inducing.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.