By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U graphics power finally revealed - "we can now finally rule out any next-gen pretensions for the Wii U"

mike_intellivision said:
People can't get out of their mind that time NOT POWER defines generation.

From this story, it appears the WiiU is about 1.5x to no more than 2x times as powerful as the HD current consoles. That is on the low-end was my estimate before it was ever released (I said 1.5x to 2.5x). So this news should surprise no one.

Truth is that the PS4 and Xbox 720 will outshine Nintendo's console's technology -- everyone knew that. The questions are whether or not the technology that Nintendo has will be innovative enough to keep people interested and whether or not Sony and Microsoft can produce consoles that meet people's needs and resources.

And this does not even begin to consider game quality.

If people want raw power over touch screens and just want to play FPS games -- then Sony and Microsoft will succeed and Nintendo will have a rough time.

If Microsoft and Sony produce high-end super-consoles that need 4K HD TVs to be truly appreciated and for which games cost $70, then Nintendo is sitting pretty.

Personally, I have made my choice and am happy with it presently. If someone else makes a choice and can live with it, that is fine by me.

Mike from Morgantown

Trying to bring some common sense to this discussion -- but probably failing because everyone feels they must be right, snarky or both.

lol my primary console is my ps3 and i have never owned an fps for it

if you ask me that comment proves you're no better than those you mocked for lacking common sense with their posts

Around the Network
twilight_link said:

PC in HTPC form factor is superior to anything consoles can provide, the fact that this platform is not preferred for so called hardcore gamers speaks volumes about them and their actual intelligence, those crazy fools bitching about graphics on one hand and playing years games on systems in sub HD resolution and poor framerate. the problem is they are unable to properly configure gaming PC, the most popular genre aka FPS existed years on PC with moderate impact on industry (sales wise) until required hardware became cheap and accessible enough to attract primitive crowd.

The console market was flooded by worst kind of humanity, for companies like Nintendo this became almost
unsolvable problem, they of course have no clue how handle this situation, if your competitors are playing with this card if they attracted the most wretched part of society, then you end with serious problems, console market was once family and early teenagers hobby and this was understandable.

But when Rambo crowd became actually mainstream, then there is dead end

Edit: not only PC provide superrior performance and quality but thanks to modification comunity it provide superrior value

wow so the worst people on earth game on sony and microsoft consoles? i had no idea

what makes them the "worst kind of humanity"

Eurogamer saying something anti-Nintendo? Well that's a shock.

BlueFalcon said:
thismeintiel said:
I would imagine the gap is going to be larger than that Crysis 3 vid shows.  While the textures are higher res on the PC, and has better lighting/shadowing, the poly count is probably about equal for both versions.  However, I would imagine the PS4/NeXbox are going to be able to produce a much higher amount of polygons than the Wii U.

Ya, the actual single player footage looks way better. Watch these 2 videos in 1080P. I expect PS4/720 to have real-time graphics at least at this level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iflmHVj1dzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuXHlMy-hqM

Yea, those do look really good.  I wouldn't be shocked if the end results on the PS4 are even better than this.  Especially in a year or two.  And man, I can't wait til ND and GG gets their hands on this sucker.

teigaga said:
LOL people still care? We've seen a dozen games built from the ground up for the system and they all look like either high end current gen titles, or in the case of X, something which looks slightly beyond the capabilities of current consoles.

Actually, we haven't seen a single AAA, finished, built from the ground up Wii U game so far, all we've seen are ports and exclusives that are either technically modest in design or didn't have much effort put into their graphics.
The footage of X is of a work in progress, as well as early in the console's lifespan.

Around the Network

Power does not say anything about a generation.

/thread.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

At least this power is available today - and not pie in the sky like Sony and Microsoft.... I would laugh it PS4 and Nextbox weren't ready for even a preview at E3

o_O.Q said:
twilight_link said:

PC in HTPC form factor is superior to anything consoles can provide, the fact that this platform is not preferred for so called hardcore gamers speaks volumes about them and their actual intelligence, those crazy fools bitching about graphics on one hand and playing years games on systems in sub HD resolution and poor framerate. the problem is they are unable to properly configure gaming PC, the most popular genre aka FPS existed years on PC with moderate impact on industry (sales wise) until required hardware became cheap and accessible enough to attract primitive crowd.

The console market was flooded by worst kind of humanity, for companies like Nintendo this became almost
unsolvable problem, they of course have no clue how handle this situation, if your competitors are playing with this card if they attracted the most wretched part of society, then you end with serious problems, console market was once family and early teenagers hobby and this was understandable.

But when Rambo crowd became actually mainstream, then there is dead end

Edit: not only PC provide superrior performance and quality but thanks to modification comunity it provide superrior value

wow so the worst people on earth game on sony and microsoft consoles? i had no idea

what makes them the "worst kind of humanity"

i think snob, pretentious, smartass youngsters are amongst the most disgusting part of the society

"1080p resolution is around 2.5x that of 720p"

Nah. It isn't.

It is exactly 2.25x.

And what exactly does "complex 3D" even mean?

Because if it means Crysis 3, then that's pretty funny.

This is a rather loose analysis of the situation. And I don't understand why people still expect a Nintendo console to compete with your PC on game visuals. They tried that a few times, they found out it isn't where the money's at, end of story.

Podings said:
"1080p resolution is around 2.5x that of 720p"

Nah. It isn't.

It is exactly 2.25x.

And what exactly does "complex 3D" even mean?

Because if it means Crysis 3, then that's pretty funny.

This is a rather loose analysis of the situation. And I don't understand why people still expect a Nintendo console to compete with your PC on game visuals. They tried that a few times, they found out it isn't where the money's at, end of story.

well nintendo used make  moderately powerful hardware till the wii era, then they stopped, it only worked for nintendo only one time so far, so its not exactly end of story till they do it again, if nintendo sells 40 million this gen, i will consider there idea a good decision and then it would be end of story, this really works.