By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 4 prediction

Another hope-thread marked as prediction-thread.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Another hope-thread marked as prediction-thread.

Hope thread? I hope the PS4 is free dude.

Corey said:
Hardware

$449 Basic SKU 500GB Hardrive
$549 Pro SKU, 1TB Hardrive, 1 month PS plus and Game
Dualshock 4 with small touch screen and proper triggers

Features

4k Resolution UI and Menus
4k Upscaling of Blu Rays
4k PSN styled Games
Gaikai integration
Video Streaming services with 4k Streaming options
Cross Game Chat
Vastly improved multitasking
Proper web browsing
Ability to record gameplay
PS1 and PS2 emulation
Integrated Trophy support with the PS3 and PS Vita
Integration with the PS Vita

Games

Gran Turismo 6 Prologue
The Last Guardian
Killzone 4
Annual Sports titles
Battlefield 4
2 new ips

yeah i forgot about cross game chat

I'm expecting:

Impressive graphics promises and demos, but standard PC hardware from a few years ago. It will be optimised and do great things, but it won't be a big leap or a new technology like the Cell was.

$350 - $450 Bare Bones SKU
$450 - $550 Larger Hard drive and extras SKU

Move built in

4K Ready video support

New controller that finally fixes the old design

No backwards compatibility of any kind.

Gaiki on day one for PSX, PS2, and PS3 games (Useless for most people, but I still expect it)

Expanded PS Store with PSX, PS2, and PS3 adjusted for PS4 compatibility. (No more using your old discs on new systems, I expect Sony to push it's digital distro channels.

Paid for online gaming like XBL Gold (Sony lost money on PSN while MS made money. I don't expect Sony to let that happen again)

Cross Game Chat and other upgrades to PSN to justify low monthly subscription.

The Last Guardian as a PS4 launch window game.

Uncharted 4 as a tease of things to come later

Killzone 4 as a launch game

Unified Movie, Music, and Game services kind of like a one stop shop for entertainment on PSN.

kain_kusanagi said:

I'm expecting:

Impressive graphics promises and demos, but standard PC hardware from a few years ago. It will be optimised and do great things, but it won't be a big leap or a new technology like the Cell was.

Move built in

4K Ready video support

Gaiki on day one for PSX, PS2, and PS3 games (Useless for most people, but I still expect it)

Expanded PS Store with PSX, PS2, and PS3 adjusted for PS4 compatibility. (No more using your old discs on new systems, I expect Sony to push it's digital distro channels.

Paid for online gaming like XBL Gold (Sony lost money on PSN while MS made money. I don't expect Sony to let that happen again)

Unified Movie, Music, and Game services kind of like a one stop shop for entertainment on PSN.

i just hope psn stays free but because of sony's financial situation, this time around they might charge for online play even though i don't like it

Around the Network
sepisfu said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I'm expecting:

Move built in

4K Ready video support

i just hope psn stays free but because of sony's financial situation, this time around they might charge for online play even though i don't like it

This isn't a list of things I necessarily want to see happen, this is just a list of things I feel is likely for the future of Playstation. Although I do want The Last Guardian pretty bad, either for PS3 or PS4 it doesn't matter to me.

That #15 is one of the best ideas I have every heard!

"15. PS+ users can "loan" digital content to other PS+ users."

So send a friend, say a 3 day pass of a game, is really great idea.  And I think it might sell more games. 

A way of virtually sharing with your friends oneline, all over the world.  I hope the companies are listening.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I will go with UK based pricing as it's easier for me to work out:

1. The PS4 will come in 2 buying options.  Option 1 is an upfront cost of £399 with free PSN and the option to buy into PS+ for £50 annually or Option 2 which is a £100 upfront cost with free PSN and PS+ for £15 per month on a 2 year contract.  This will allow more users to buy into the system from the get-go.  Most people will go for the cheaper upfront cost to get started.
  2. The system will launch in November in NA and JP and in Feb/Mar in EU
  3. Launch games will include Uncharted 4, Motorstorm 4 & Killzone 4 (all the 4's)
  4. Hardware will include BR drive, 500Gb HDD, Superfast Wi-Fi, Multiple device video streaming (allowing both video playback and game playing at the same time, sent to 2 different devices simultaneously)

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Here is my prediction, there will be no 4k games until 2020

I can forecast with 99.9% certainty that I will not buy a new console on 2013 & 2014, so if Sony wishes to toot its own horn and release more hardware this year, then it is welcome to. I for one will ignore its short marketing scheme here in the US since I am not to eager to see my PS3 become obsolete.