By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 4 prediction

007BondAgent said:
i expect pshome, to replace the xmb

I would assassinate Kaz Hirai if that happens.

Around the Network
davygee said:

I will go with UK based pricing as it's easier for me to work out:

1. The PS4 will come in 2 buying options.  Option 1 is an upfront cost of £399 with free PSN and the option to buy into PS+ for £50 annually or Option 2 which is a £100 upfront cost with free PSN and PS+ for £15 per month on a 2 year contract.  This will allow more users to buy into the system from the get-go.  Most people will go for the cheaper upfront cost to get started.
  2. The system will launch in November in NA and JP and in Feb/Mar in EU
  3. Launch games will include Uncharted 4, Motorstorm 4 & Killzone 4 (all the 4's)
  4. Hardware will include BR drive, 500Gb HDD, Superfast Wi-Fi, Multiple device video streaming (allowing both video playback and game playing at the same time, sent to 2 different devices simultaneously)

i don't think motorstom4 happens after the sales of the third one

Deyon said:
007BondAgent said:
i expect pshome, to replace the xmb

I would assassinate Kaz Hirai if that happens.

good plan lol

Your dreaming if you think PS4 will do 4k games.

NobleTeam360 said:
Your dreaming if you think PS4 will do 4k games.

i don't have enough money to buy 4k tv so if ps4 supports this, doesn't matter to me but i think sony needs to produce content for 4k tvs if they wanna sell those tvs; game can be of those contents.

Around the Network

I predict it won't be called Playstation 4

ganondorf7799 said:
I predict it won't be called Playstation 4

i don't think that would be a wise choice but you never know

-  Launches in October
-  Price will be $350 for the basic SKU and $450 for the premium version with a game included + 1 year of  PS+ subscription.

-  Dualshock 4 will be similar to older DS versions, but bigger.
-  Fully backwards compatible with PS1,PS2,PSP and PS3 games.
-  XMB will be ditched and replaced with something similar to the PSV live area.
-  Plays 4K videos.
-  The last of Us and Beyond:Two Souls will have enhanced versions for PS4 available at launch.

JoeTheBro said:

Well these are more than predictions ;)

1. $450 basic, $550 with double memory and a month of PS+.

2. Backwards compatibility with digital PS3 games only through Gaikai. Other digital content can be locally played.

3. Controller has a central touch pad similar to Ouya. Coincidentally PS4 runs Android. Controller also breaks apart and has full motion sensing.

4. The controller has NFC.

5. Controller has traditionally placed analogs with convex tops.

6. PSEYE 3 is included. Has one camera, 1080x1920 at 30hz or 720x1280 at 60hz, and uses sound to calculate 3D depth.

7. Vita works flawlessly to replicate the Wii U experience. Only difference is it can also work over WiFi allowing full remote play.

8. Infamous 3 is a day one launch title.

9. PS4 can output 4K resolution during menus and content playback. Games are capped at 1080 until 4K TVs become more popular.

10. All games support 3D.

11. Looks similar to the PS2.

12. Can actively record screen output while you play. Also allows screen capture.

13. Games cost $60 still.

14. PSN stays free.

15. PS+ users can "loan" digital content to other PS+ users.

16. GUI is an upgraded version of LiveArea designed to work best with motion controls.

17. Almost all games have motion controls as an option. Of course a few require it.

18. Console is sold for a $160 loss at $450 and a $130 loss at $550.

19. PS4 releases September 17 in Japan and America. Europe gets a release two weeks later.

20. PS4 can be remotely operated by smart devices.

The only thing I don't know is when this information will be revealed or if it will change.

If it actually released September 17 I would squeal like a girl.  My birthday is the 18th so I would pre-order and get my parents to help me out with it as a birthday gift.  Best freaking birthday ever!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

zumnupy10 said:
-  Launches in October
-  Price will be $350 for the basic SKU and $450 for the premium version with a game included + 1 year of  PS+ subscription.

-  Dualshock 4 will be similar to older DS versions, but bigger.
-  Fully backwards compatible with PS1,PS2,PSP and PS3 games.
-  XMB will be ditched and replaced with something similar to the PSV live area.
-  Plays 4K videos.
-  The last of Us and Beyond:Two Souls will have enhanced versions for PS4 available at launch.

i think 350 is not possible, they need to sell it for 400 for make at least small profit or not lose a lot of money on each console but lik your idea about last of us, if i knew that is true i would cancel my preorder for ps3 version