By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - When do you think they will stop making monochromatic 2D 24 fps movies?

When do you think there will be no more 2D recorded Hollywood Movies?

15 years 8 40.00%

50 years 0 0%

20 years 0 0%

25 years 0 0%

30 years 0 0%

35 years 0 0%

40 years 0 0%

45 years 0 0%

Never 10 50.00%

3D will go away instead 2 10.00%

Total:20

Now that even romance genre movies are starting to be made in 3D (Cirque De Soliel: Worlds Away 3D) it seems that 2D movies are slowly shrieking until there is no more Monochromatic 24 fps movies being made.

The price for 3D about to decrease with the price of 2D movies getting an increase at the same time.

But I guess it's best to look at how 3D movies have growing in numbers each & every year recently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films

Keep in mind that the list of 2013 & up is uncompleted and that a lot of movies that say film in 2D are actually filmed in 3D, like probably more then 50% of them.

A brief history lesson about 3D films:

since the 1930's America has start having 60 fps per image stereoscopic recorded movies, but most Stereoscopic movies to this date seem to have been recorded in 24 fps by now.

And 3D TVs made since the 1930's have had a refresh rate of 120 (60 fps per image), but I believe the first 3D TV was made in the 1920's probably.

Anyways I should stick to the subject of theaters; which require a special display for stereoscopic 3D movies.

But there are movies converted from 2D to 3D which can simply be called Monochromatic 3D, which can be displayed on any screen, but in order to 100% guarantee it to look 100% 3D you would need at least a 2 1/2 inch distance between the 2 same images, which is guaranteed to look 100% 3D on a minimum of a 100 inch screen, because any smaller and the 3D that is converted from 2D will look like crap......unless it's a hand drawn cartoon maybe.

But now all movie theaters in America have the special screens & equipment to display stereoscopic 3D movies, which has no minimum screen size requirement to look full 3D (as over 8 million Americans have seen on such things as Nintendo Video & Nintendo Show 3D & what not)

So say anything & everything you want about 3D Movies in Theaters, as well as answering if you think they will stop making movies in 2D someday during the 21st Century?

I personally believe in the next 15 to 50 years, we can say goodbye to anymore monochromatic movies, at least when it comes to American Movies (not including indepdent film industry, even though I believe an unknown percentage of them will be stereoscopic at a much more higher portion by then).

EDIT:

Heres info on the effects of 3D:

http://www.aoa.org/x17309.xml

If you ever had problems with 3D, then you can get a 3DS and Lower the Volume of 3D.

And after 1 to 2 weeks people say that they no longer have any problems with 3D......and that they now play with the 3D ON and all the Way Up 24/7. So you can get use to it, if you have any problems with 3D, by "working out your eyes & brain like their in the gym, LOL"

I have personally never had any problems with 3D but I have been watching 3D stuff since I was a kid, which is the best time before age starts to decline your ability to even see real life in 3D. (even though people think they see real life in 3D but after a year of constant 3D watching, you will realize that you have just began to see real life in 3D only after who knows how long since the last time you use to see real life in 3D)

Around the Network

Even internet threads about 3D movies give me a headache, apparently.  Do you write for wikipedia?

chris_wing said:

Even internet threads about 3D movies give me a headach, apparently.

LOL, but there's a direct link between on ancestry and having any problems with 3D.

Theres also age related problems with 3D.

The older a person is, the more they will have problems with 3D.

And the more inbreeding we have in our ancestry, the more problems we have with 3D.

But the younger a person is, the lesser problems they have with 3D.

And the lesser inbreeding we have in our ancestry, the lesser problems we have with 3D.

So it's only natural that every person has their own experience with 3D. And completely different experiences at that, depending on which 2 individuals you compare to each other.

EDIT: Removed, I'm not playing

3D movies in most if not all cases don't enhance the experience. The price is jacked up and the big studios think that this 3D thing will somehow curb piracy. Horrible really. First they must master the technique of how this element can enhance the storytelling. If the story is as bad as Twilight. They should go for it right now. 

Short answer: Still a long while.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

3D movies in most if not all cases don't enhance the experience. The price is jacked up and the big studios think that this 3D thing will somehow curb piracy. Horrible really. First they must master the technique of how this element can enhance the storytelling. If the story is as bad as Twilight. They should go for it right now. 

Actually they are lowering the price of 3D movies, and they are raising the price of 2D movies.

So it will cost exactly the same in all Movie Theaters, I believe starting later this Year.

Kaizar said:
green_sky said:

Actually they are lowering the price of 3D movies, and they are raising the price of 2D movies.

So it will cost exactly the same in all Movie Theaters, I believe starting later this Year.

I don't like when people say when such and such happens i will quit gaming or whatever they are talking about. I guess i have to say my sentiment is similiar though. Going to go to theatres less and less. 

I miss the disney 2D movies.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
I miss the disney 2D movies.

Boy, do I have a Thread for you:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154116&page=1