By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime

Yes. 148 20.19%

Maybe. 56 7.64%

I don't know. 22 3.00%

No. 467 63.71%

It will be a draw. 13 1.77%

I want to see the results. 26 3.55%

Total:732
gatito said:
This has to be a joke. An offensive one; PSV was lucky to outsell N-Gage.

hey sony will make an achievement trophy for that

Around the Network
Sensei said:
NintendoPie said:
It skipped over one very important thing.
The PSVita doesn't have Nintendo First Party games.

Gamecube had Nintendo first party.

PSP didn't.

PSP outsold Gamecube by 3:1.

Anything could happen, Nintendo first party or not.

Didn't know the PS Vita was selling as good the PSP.

gatito said:
This has to be a joke. An offensive one; PSV was lucky to outsell N-Gage.

Nice, now you're the one actually posting an offensive joke. :P

I think it is uncalled for because the PS Vita is actually a quality console.

Let's suppose for a moment that the PS Vita maintains this slow rate (which it won't, it will speed up) for a full 10 years, the usual Sony console cycle: that's about 35-40 Million consoles lifetime. It will still be better than Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Sega Genesis, Xbox, Dreamcast and others.

C0LINx said:
Sensei said:
NintendoPie said:

PSP didn't.

It isn't.

i'm just pointing out that a console doesn't need Nintendo games to sell well. And Nintendo consoles don't automatically do well due to Nintendo exclusives.

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

And if it IS a simultaneous release?

if it were a simultaneous release Vita would do alot better, MH4 is gonna be big no doubt and Vita can take away sales from 3DS and will kick hardware sales nicely in japan. If it was Vita only i say Vita units would be pretty f***ing good for months. I dont kno why Sony never clung to its pokemon counter-part, but now 3DS with an amazing year plus Sony most $$$ portable maker, it doesn't look good imo

Is a simultaneous release really impossible though? There's still time for a late announcement.

Soriku said:
curl-6 said:

Surely there are some PSP owners who passed on the 3DS and went straight to the Vita as it was the direct successor to their console, and Capcom would know this.

Probably very few. Many people have still stuck with their PSP and Vita only has around 1.2 mil sold. Each week there are very few Vita games that chart on Media Create/Famitsu so it's not like Vita owners buy that much SW in Japan anyway. On the other hand there are over 10 million 3DSs in Japan sold. Anyone who wants it is going to buy it on 3DS. There's no reason to wait for a Vita version.

Capcom have a habit of porting even when there's not a huge market; MH Frontier on 360 comes to mind. Some sales are better than none. I guess the 7th gen taught me to never assume a third party game will stay exclusive as long as there's another platform with viable hardware.

you haven't heard? I thought it was confirmed that Vita wont get MH4 this year! I heard it last week

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:
Maybe, it all depends on the PS4/720. We need to wait and see on what they do to the Wii-U

Exactly. They could very well Dreamcast the Wii U out of the market.

Sensei said:
C0LINx said:
Sensei said:
NintendoPie said:

PSP didn't.

It isn't.

i'm just pointing out that a console doesn't need Nintendo games to sell well. And Nintendo consoles don't automatically do well due to Nintendo exclusives.

The 1st party exclusives are certainly enough to surpass the Vita. Remember the Wii U is only 1 million less then the Vita and the big guns are yet to even come out. Of course it the Wii U is going to out sell the Vita.

Sensei said:
Flanneryaug said:
riderz13371 said:
Flanneryaug said:

I doubt it. Sony doesnt seem to care about saving the Vita anymore. They will probably focus on the PS4, and slowly let the Vita die.

LOL of course they care. Stop spewing bullshit. They're not just going to give up on it. 

If they care why have they not cut the price of it after a year of poor sales. Why did they allow some of their biggest games to be made by a terrible developer. Why are they not releasing any major first party games until 8 months from now?

On price cut: probably can't afford to take loss on hardware. Better sell less and profit, than sell lots and lose money. They're probably waiting to actually afford a price cut and sell hardware at a profit still.

On allowing studios to do Vita games of big IPs: Sony can't guess it. They have to try; and make sure Vita development does not hurt PS3 and PS4 games. It's the logical thing to do: keep main teams on consoles, branch off handheld versions to other studios and hope they are good.

As for the games, I know they are coming I just don't have a schedule around...

But Sony is in NO WAY letting the Vita die. They just won't. If PlayStation Plus is a sign, look at how much Vita content they are putting on PS Plus.

I can understand them not wanting to take a loss on hardware, but then they should release a cheaper model instead. Branching off development of hanheld games is fine, but they can't just "hope they are good". They should look at the developer's past work to determine if they are qualified to make a game for one of their IP's. Also, I think the playstation plus deal was one of their biggest mistakes. It's like they're trying to not sell any games.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Flanneryaug said:
riderz13371 said:
Flanneryaug said:

I doubt it. Sony doesnt seem to care about saving the Vita anymore. They will probably focus on the PS4, and slowly let the Vita die.

LOL of course they care. Stop spewing bullshit. They're not just going to give up on it. 

If they care why have they not cut the price of it after a year of poor sales. Why did they allow some of their biggest games to be made by a terrible developer. Why are they not releasing any major first party games until 8 months from now?

They don't resort to price cuts so quickly, unlike some other companies in the industry.

riderz13371 said:

They don't resort to price cuts so quickly, unlike some other companies in the industry.

Well then what do they resort to? SoftWare doesn't seem to be working all to well either.