By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime

Yes. 148 20.19%

Maybe. 56 7.64%

I don't know. 22 3.00%

No. 467 63.71%

It will be a draw. 13 1.77%

I want to see the results. 26 3.55%

Total:732

it will be an amazing head to head race
at a very slow pace
and it depends on how fast systemsellers(vita:gta,gt,gow)(wuu i:mario/cart,zelda,sports)
will ne released and how the future will be.

Around the Network

To be honest right now I'm expecting something like 40/50million lifetime sales for the WiiU and 20/30 for the PsVita, being quite optimistic for both.

KylieDog said:
Conegamer said:
curl-6 said:
If the rumored MH4 port comes to Vita, and I think there's a good chance it will, the Vita very well might outsell Wii U lifetime. Look what MH did for the PSP.

Difference is it won't have that exclusivity. Will you go out and spend $300 for the PSVita version, or just $50 for the 3DS version? 

An off comparison, a 3DS owner vs a non Vita owner.

What about people without either?  Or people who are interested in Vita and some games on it and just need a little more incentive, like a version of a game on a system with superior features that compliment it?

This is true, though the 3DS will be cheaper than the PSV in all cases. In addition, Japan has already shown that it loves the 3DS and its library, so I see no reason why, when there's an incentive to buy a new handheld when you own neither, why most people wouldn't choose the 3DS. It's not definite by any means, but it's the way I see it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

small44 said:
curl-6 said:
small44 said:
NintendoPie said:

You skipped over one very important thing.
The PSVita doesn't have Nintendo First Party games.

Gamecube had also Nintendo first party but it sold not well

But those first party games made the difference between Nintendo surviving the Gamecube generation and being oblierated. And the market has grown since then.

And psp survive without first party and 3rd party

It had excellent third party support - in Japan. (Where it was popular enough to make up for its failings elsewhere)

Stop that! :(

I want both systems to do well.

Overall the Wii U is likely to do much better, but i want the Vita to survive.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Flanneryaug said:
riderz13371 said:
Flanneryaug said:

I doubt it. Sony doesnt seem to care about saving the Vita anymore. They will probably focus on the PS4, and slowly let the Vita die.

LOL of course they care. Stop spewing bullshit. They're not just going to give up on it. 

If they care why have they not cut the price of it after a year of poor sales. Why did they allow some of their biggest games to be made by a terrible developer. Why are they not releasing any major first party games until 8 months from now?

They don't resort to price cuts so quickly, unlike some other companies in the industry.

Umm, they cut the price of the PS3 by $100 only 7 months after launch.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

curl-6 said:
small44 said:
curl-6 said:
small44 said:
NintendoPie said:

But those first party games made the difference between Nintendo surviving the Gamecube generation and being oblierated. And the market has grown since then.

It had excellent third party support - in Japan. (Where it was popular enough to make up for its failings elsewhere)

Just in japan'<<<<

So without japan PSP would sell 50 millions  it is still a good number

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Hell no is all I'm going to say.

small44 said:
curl-6 said:
small44 said:
curl-6 said:
small44 said:
NintendoPie said:

Just in japan'<<<<

Well, its competition sold 150 million...

curl-6 said:
small44 said:
curl-6 said:
small44 said:
curl-6 said:
small44 said:
NintendoPie said:

Just in japan'<<<<

Well, its competition sold 150 million...

PSP had outsold any other non nintendo handheld 

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m