By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hiroyuki Ito (Director: FF6, FF9, FF12) has not worked on a single Square Enix game this entire gen!

I would place my bets on Ito working on FFXV.

Around the Network
Galvanizer said:

Hiroyuki Ito is too busy designing, producing and directing Final Fantasy XV. The scale and ambition of the game is so great that he can't work hands-on with any other game.

Unless he's been working on it basically all by himself, I doubt there's any merit to such a rumor.  FFXV would undoubtedly be developed by the 1st Production Team, and they've been busy with the FFXIII suite of games the last few years.  He could be doing some preliminary planning for the game (if he is the director), but I doubt any actual heavy coding has begun.  

haxxiy said:
BradleyJ said:
Never played VI, IX was great, and XII was meh. If this guy was the director or not means nothing to me based on the quality of his past titles. However, I would like for him to be the directory merely for the fact that all of his titles would then be divisible by three, which is kinda cool in a very uncool way.

Preposterous. I know Vaan sucks, but blame the japanese audience for forcing us to cope with him. Without that observer protagonist - and that's most of the issue here, not the character per se - the game would have been far better.

And if your problems aren't alongside these lines and you feel a compulsion to post something related to gambits I swear I'll ruthlessly hunt you in RL. 

No, it's not that. It's just this is the first title where all the sidequests were just fighting more monsters. Side quests should be more than that. Also, there was not enough story. I really enjoyed what there was, but it really seemed like there should have been more.

Also, my memory card was stolen near the end of the game and I was never able to beat it. So there's that.

BradleyJ said:

No, it's not that. It's just this is the first title where all the sidequests were just fighting more monsters. Side quests should be more than that. Also, there was not enough story. I really enjoyed what there was, but it really seemed like there should have been more.

Also, my memory card was stolen near the end of the game and I was never able to beat it. So there's that.

Ah. That's OK then. But I guess with the limitations posed by hardware that late in the generation... you're forgiven :D

You always make interesting FF threads lol.

Really SE needs to get the people that worked on FFVIII,FFX, and FFXII to work on the next 2 or 3 FF.

Around the Network

FF XII is my favorite FF game, followed by FF IX. And VI is the best Nintendo FF game. I like the way you think. :)

Rich and compelling story, challenging boss-battles, turn-based gameplay!!!, magnificent score that projects the events and emotions from the screen to reach my ears, nice looking graphics but stunning FMV's; if that's what he is capable of all by himself i'm in.

*goes back playing ff8*

I think Square Enix were planning to announce FF15 two years if not last year, but they've learned from FF13 and FF12 that it would be better to switch the game to PS4 and Xbox 720.

So the game is still in development, but it will be developed as a launch title for those consoles.

I believe Yochi Wada is planning to relaunch the Final Fantasy brand in a new style. That style will be the fantasy setting of previous games coupled with the FF12 style of RPGs, which is similar to games like Xenoblade and Skyrim.

In short, I think the game is coming, but they know to successfully relaunch the Final Fantasy brand they will need to do that on a new generation of consoles. I have faith that Hiroshi Minagawa, Hiroyuki Ito and Production Division 4 will return the series to greatness!

Farsala said:
You always make interesting FF threads lol.

Really SE needs to get the people that worked on FFVIII,FFX, and FFXII to work on the next 2 or 3 FF.

@bold: They were the team that made FFXIII

I am 95% sure that the only FF game still to be released on these consoles is Lightning Returns-FFXIII-3...

It is just too late for them to have more than 1 game, but I would not be shocked to see Versus or XV announced for PS4, though maybe not until after XIII-3 is released to avoid taking attention from that

But let's not forget how stupid Squeenix are, they seem to hate doing the logical thing, like making KH3!!