By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash bros brawl shortages in Japan.

Nice find, Brianna. I'm already happy that I have had Brawl pre-ordered at GameStop since this past October LOL I have to go back to GameStop and pre-order the guide (so I know what movesets each of the characters have.

Around the Network

Once bitten twice shy.

I have to agree with a couple of the other posters, 2 generations of fighting uphill and the less than stellar opening numbers of Galaxy in Japan have undoubtedly made Nintendo a little cautious. I think when Nintendo sees how many copies this game sells it will go a long way towards restoring their former bravado.

This games wayy more anticipated than galaxy was, every single person I know that owns a wii is getting this game. some of them don't even want galaxy >_>

Ruh-Roh. Brawl is BIGGER then Nintendo expected. :/

Can't Nintendo use a few Sony production factories, a lot of those must be pretty inactive :D

Around the Network

That is why the game was delayed. They have to produce more copies.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Didnt they just make a 1.2 billion profit or something over the holidays and 2007?

I think they could use just a tad, not all of the 1.2bill but a smidge of money on producing more copies.

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Hope this doesn't happen in America. I will push people out of my way to secure my copy. But I don't want to resort to that, so hopefully the shortages won't plague America.

If they can't get Brawl maybe they'll pick up NMH as time filler. That games needs more lovin'.

hsrob said:
Once bitten twice shy.

I have to agree with a couple of the other posters, 2 generations of fighting uphill and the less than stellar opening numbers of Galaxy in Japan have undoubtedly made Nintendo a little cautious. I think when Nintendo sees how many copies this game sells it will go a long way towards restoring their former bravado.

800 pre-orders yet the store is only getting ~150 copies?  I'm pretty sure Nintendo knew that the game would do better than this, based on pre-orders alone.