By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash bros brawl shortages in Japan.

Nintendo is underestimating this game...

Around the Network

I'd say this was the reason for the delay, there's not much you can do to a game in a extra week other then make more copies. And since demand is even HIGHER in America it makes sense they had to push back to fill preorder demand.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I'm going to have to agree with Chrizum here.

I know that making more factories is costly and takes time, but demand simply isn't letting up. I seriously hope they consider making new factories so these shortages will just stop.

400k for launch is really sickening if you ask me.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

PSaiki said:
Legend11, don't forget there is a delay for SSBB in NA because not enough copies produced.

Try to make Wiifit, Wii, SMG, Wiiplay, Wii Sports, SSBB for Japan and NA, and othres softwares all at once.
They don't have enough factories for that.

=P

It's a helluva lot easier to press discs than it is to assemble Wiis. It shouldn't be that hard for Nintendo to contract more disc production, even with their notoriously picky quality assurance standards.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

thats scary, i'm gonna pre-order just in case

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
I don't get it, Microsoft was able to manufacture over 6 million copies of Halo 3 for it's launch yet Nintendo is having trouble producing more than 400 thousand copies of Brawl for it's launch week?

I don't think that is it. Remember they were able to produce over 500,000 copies for America when Galaxy came out. There probably reacting from what has happen the last couple of years. None of thier games since launch had insane first weeks aka Mario galaxy. That being said it also probably a bit of underestimating how big demand is example wii. Like the earlier post said the suck at guaging demand.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Wow, so they're not even going to be able to fill pre-orders for the game? Pretty much every place I checked out , game stores/electronic stores/online sites here in JP stopped taking pre-orders for the game not too long ago. I just figured it was because that was their "limit" or allocation for the store, etc. Not even being able to fill their pre-orders is just ridiculous. What is Nintendo thinking??? It was even delayed a week, they should have been able to send out more copies of the game. I'm not buying it, but it seems very popular.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Nintendo has been burned time and time again, then you factor in how Japan hasn't been buying Nintendo's core games it really is no wonder that they don't have enough for a Japanese launch.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

That doesn't make sense. Normally a company adjusts to demand on discs fairly easily based on pre-orders. If this one store had over 800 copies pre-ordered, then I am sure there is a few hundred thousand on pre-order already. You cannot say Nintendo though this was going to be similar to Galaxies launch as it obviously was pre-sold a ton more. Usually a company would want to have their pre-orders be about 1/3 of the total stock they are receiving. Nintendo seriously dropped the ball.

I understand they are producing quite a bit of stuff, but, seriously, a game like this should be out a million on day one.

Maybe they don't want to piss off the people waiting in line to get a Wii with their copy of the game? I'm sure most of those pre-orders are from non Wii owners...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.