By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite controller?

Gamecube

Around the Network

The Wii U controller is getting there but something is missing. I'm gonna go with the 360 controller.

Close but no cigar go to
-Gamecube/Wavebird: Tiny ass d-pad on the 'Cube and no Rumble on the bird. Sorry, guys.
-Dreamcast: Actually an awesome feeling controller but only one analog!? Why, Sega?
-Playstation Dual Shocks: The standard. Good at everything. Not really the best at anything.

In your face Kinect!!!

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

gamecube

Around the Network

Yeesh, this is an impossible question .

Best:
1. Duel shock 3
2. GameCube
3. Keyboard and mouse

Worst
1. Xbox 1
2. Xbox 360
3. Wii mote (for traditional gaming, great for some things though)

DS3 for racing, Sixaxis for everything else.
I only care for rumble while racing, other games the lighter the controller the more comfortable for longer periods of time. Actually Wii mote plus nun chuck is even more comfortable but the loss of camera control is annoying.

How can anyone say the Gamecube controller?? Yeah it was comfortable but the lack of dual analog was a huge minus and prevented many third-party developers from releasing multiplatform games on the GC without going through the hassle of re-working the controls.

For me I'd say the 360 controller for anything requiring aiming and the Dualshock 3 for the rest.

JayWood2010 said:

X360 and Gamecube are my two favorites but I'm going to give the edge to X360 this time for being more comftorable. If anybody knows of a good X360 like controller for Ps3 by the way, let me know XD

Just googled and found this. http://ca.ign.com/articles/2009/02/19/xbox-360-controller-on-the-ps3

OT: I end up liking all of them. I'd say slight edge to 360 but Dualshock 3 is not far back. I even liked XBOX S controller but it needed more shoulder buttons.