By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q3 FY2012 - $124m loss, PS3+PS2 6.8m, PSV+PSP 2.7m

ethomaz said:
Turkish said:

Troll_Whisperer said:

How do you know? All we know it that PS3 shipments reached 70m in mid-November, right? Not all those 6m are for the last 1.5 months.

Mid november? More like the start of november lol.

Or end of October... well the real date is November 4th.

How much do you think the PS3 shipped in october? If its 1m it would put the ps3 at 75m.

Around the Network

Turkish said:

How much do you think the PS3 shipped in october? If its 1m it would put the ps3 at 75m.

I don't know but not over 2 million... so I'm estimating PS3 sales between 74 and 75 million.

The Japanese conference call ended but no replay yet... anyway I don't understand Japanese.

The English conference call starts at 8:00 EST / 13:00 GMT.

ethomaz said:

Turkish said:

I don't know but not over 2 million... so I'm estimating PS3 sales between 74 and 75 million.

Yep. November and december are the biggest holiday months, october is not huge. If it did 2m in october that means either nov or dec did worse or 2m each for best selling months of november/december.

Probably:

Oct 1m

Nov 2m

Dec 3m

So, PS360 are undertracked ?

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:

or overshipped ;)

zumnupy10 said:

360 probably 6-700k

PS3 probably 1m, if you put shipments at 75m

Sharu said:
zumnupy10 said:

or overshipped ;)

Nintendo confirmed both undertracked in Europe.

PS4 R&D must cost a ton considering how much profits dropped compared to last year for gaming division. Well it's doesn't help either that they really didn't release any big 1st party software last quarter. Vita probably losing some money too.

kowenicki said:

Sony's full year forecast was unchanged. The company expects to generate 6.6 trillion yen ( £45b / $70.6b) in revenues, up 1.6 per cent year-over-year, and a net profit of 20 billion yen (£136m / $214m), compared to a loss of 456.7 billion yen (£3.1b / $4.9b) a year earlier.

This forecast is unlikely to say the least.  Sony will have to deal with a  $600 million loss for the full year.