By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q3 FY2012 - $124m loss, PS3+PS2 6.8m, PSV+PSP 2.7m

I think Sony already found their third pillar and it will show in the next quarter. Sony gonna be a big player in real estate.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

PS3+PS2 shipment yoy drop is only 11%.

Carl2291 said:
The Vita is already lost. Left it too late to do anything significant.

It needed a big game. Monster Hunter. Gran Turismo. GTA. It needed at least ONE big game. Sony fucked up. Its probably a pretty big money drain when you look at the advertising. It got a lot of media attention in that last Quarter... Wasted money on a product that simply isnt competing.

Im surprised at the loss. Expected a small profit.

Also surprised that the PS3 is under by ~700k. Unless Sony overshipped it of course.

not that surprising whe you realize its been over the last 3 quarters. Not just this last one.

ethomaz said:
Turkish said:
ethomaz said:
Turkish said:

So what do you think the PS2+PS3 ratio is? Under or over a million for ps2?

Last year was 0.9m... I'm guessing 0.8m for this year.

So this gives +-6m for PS3? Not a bad drop yoy. So how much does this put the ps3 at? Exactly 75m?

74-75m

My pessimists and optimistics estimates... in any case undertracked.

Sony reported it shipped 70m in nov 4 2012, substract +-1m for october, that leaves PS3 at 69m right at the start of the quarter, add 6m from this quarter: 75m

I could be off by a few hundred Ks, PS360 gap in shipments is 1.2m I reckon.

Revising the OP to reflect the dollar-yen figures at December 31, 2012.

1 dollar = 86 yen

Around the Network

I don't know why people think 6mil is bad when sony had no hard hitting game plus ps4 r&d

"PS3/PS2 15.6M in 2012"

Make up according to you guys?

Turkish said:
"PS3/PS2 15.6M in 2012"

Make up according to you guys?

Yeap... down form 18.8 in 2011 (-17%).

Troll_Whisperer said:
legend92(3) said:
PS3 has now outshipped xbox 360.
PS3 stands at 76 million (if PS2 shipped a million) - 70.5m (if PS2 shipped 500k)
Xbox 360 stands at 75.9

How do you know? All we know it that PS3 shipments reached 70m in mid-November, right? Not all those 6m are for the last 1.5 months.

Mid november? More like the start of november lol.

Turkish said:

Troll_Whisperer said:

How do you know? All we know it that PS3 shipments reached 70m in mid-November, right? Not all those 6m are for the last 1.5 months.

Mid november? More like the start of november lol.

Or end of October... well the real date is November 4th.