By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battlefield 4 On Wii U?

superchunk said:

Nope. EA is blocking anything it can from WiiU.

For those crying power this and that... nope, it has nothing to do with WiiUs power. Just corporate decision out of spite.

I don't buy the whole Nintendo 3rd party conspiracy thing to be honest.

Anyway, any EA and/or Dice title of impact showing up on the Wii U seems very unlikely, EA simply don't have much faith in the Nintendo audience buying their games. EA has also short sticked the PC audience in the past years, hardly out of spite but mainly for financial reasons.

Battlefield is actually the only reason I use Origin, because I have to, I own no other games on Origin and never will. I do believe that EA's decision to forego Nintendo with a lot of titles is due to lack of faith in the userbase, I don't understand why so many Nintendo fans think that huge companies all over the world are starving a console out of spite like some Gamespot fanboy raging on the board.

Apple treats their 3rd parties like shit and yet they have massive support because it has been shown that you can make tons of money on their platform, wouldn't it make more sense to refuse an industry monolith that constanty seeks to move the market(s) in different directions, wants a monopoly and basically steals 30% of all your income on a regular basis?

Stop it with the conspiracies already, Nintendo consoles are not a magical dreamland that automatically nets you massive profits and keeps you going forever in an industry that is taking its toll on everyone regardless. Now that Nintendo games cost more to develop, I wonder what incentive the developers will have for publishing on the Wii U or if this main argument from the Wii era will simply disappear (the theory being that everyone would profit from developing on the Wii since it was so much cheaper is now null and void). Nintendo insist on implementing untraditional and sometimes backwards methods, media and tech in a market that thrives on moving forward and fail to see the importance and impact of features and advances that they don't subscribe to or are comfortable with (online gaming and media playback capabilities are the perfect examples) and must face the consequences of this; 3rd parties often deem it unsafe and persist in their Hollywood, thirteen-on-the-dozen eyecandy action fests on the other consoles.

As a longtime gamer, I'm fucked either way...

Around the Network

Would be very surprising. I would imagine EA is too busy making the games for PS3/360/PC/PS4/720 though.....

Mummelmann said:
superchunk said:

For those crying power this and that... nope, it has nothing to do with WiiUs power. Just corporate decision out of spite.

Anyway, any EA and/or Dice title of impact showing up on the Wii U seems very unlikely, EA simply don't have much faith in the Nintendo audience buying their games. EA has also short sticked the PC audience in the past years, hardly out of spite but mainly for financial reasons.

Battlefield is actually the only reason I use Origin, because I have to, I own no other games on Origin and never will. I do believe that EA's decision to forego Nintendo with a lot of titles is due to lack of faith in the userbase, I don't understand why so many Nintendo fans think that huge companies all over the world are starving a console out of spite like some Gamespot fanboy raging on the board.

Apple treats their 3rd parties like shit and yet they have massive support because it has been shown that you can make tons of money on their platform, wouldn't it make more sense to refuse an industry monolith that constanty seeks to move the market(s) in different directions, wants a monopoly and basically steals 30% of all your income on a regular basis?

Stop it with the conspiracies already, Nintendo consoles are not a magical dreamland that automatically nets you massive profits and keeps you going forever in an industry that is taking its toll on everyone regardless. Now that Nintendo games cost more to develop, I wonder what incentive the developers will have for publishing on the Wii U or if this main argument from the Wii era will simply disappear (the theory being that everyone would profit from developing on the Wii since it was so much cheaper is now null and void). Nintendo insist on implementing untraditional and sometimes backwards methods, media and tech in a market that thrives on moving forward and fail to see the importance and impact of features and advances that they don't subscribe to or are comfortable with (online gaming and media playback capabilities are the perfect examples) and must face the consequences of this; 3rd parties often deem it unsafe and persist in their Hollywood, thirteen-on-the-dozen eyecandy action fests on the other consoles.

Conspiracies imply a coordinated effort. It's clear in EA's case that something malicious is going on, even if the others might have a better excuse

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If they want to establish a Battlefield userbase on the WiiU they should start by releasing a WiiU version of BF4 even if the game (which is likely) isn't profitable on the platform.

I could understand them though if they didn't even want to try it.
After Mass Effect 3, FIFA 13, Madden 13 and soon Most Wanted (which will certainly not do well) it doesn't necessarily make sense to release BF4 on it, so they could skip it and make a BF5 version which could make a small profit.

I'm thinking no.

Around the Network

Of course it will appear on Wii U.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/battlefield_4/news/battlefield_4_headed_to_wii_u_report.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65116550
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battlefield-3-PC-221396/News/Battlefield-3-doch-nicht-fuer-Wii-U-Battlefield-4-soll-kommen-1016793/

EA will never bring over their AAA franchises to the WiiU. Need for Speed, FIFA, yes. But not games like BF4. I'm pretty sure they'd rather not release BF4 at all.

Mr Khan said:
Mummelmann said:
superchunk said:

Conspiracies imply a coordinated effort. It's clear in EA's case that something malicious is going on, even if the others might have a better excuse

I don't think so. Nintendo never had a good relationship with 3rd parties outside of Japan. They decided on Wii U specs and features without even consulting anyone but theselves. I Think this is EA's "problem" with Nintendo just like with every other 3rd party.

VGKing said:
Mr Khan said:

I don't think so. Nintendo never had a good relationship with 3rd parties outside of Japan. They decided on Wii U specs and features without even consulting anyone but theselves. I Think this is EA's "problem" with Nintendo just like with every other 3rd party.

Then what became of the "unprecedented partnership"?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I don't think so. Wii U can probably run it but Nintendo doesn't have much of a market for games like those. See: Black ops 2

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros