By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans, Why do you hate Sony so much?

I don't hate Sony, or i wouldn't have owned a PS3. I just hate the fans with a passion. They are morons, not all of them are morons, only the fans that act like sony's puppets.. and Jack Tretton is also a complete wanker.

Around the Network

Ok. This is new to most people.
Actually, Nintendo and MS fans tend to be more tolerant towards each other and even towards Sony fans, unlike most Sony fans that seems really to hate Nintendo and - on a lesser level - Microsoft.
I think this has to do with that constant and annoying division that many sites and magazines insist in doing: "hardcore" gamers and "casual" gamers. Most "hardcore" gamers prefer Sony consoles, while Nintendo and Microsoft consoles get a lot of attention from the so-called casual crowd, a crowd that can´t be ignored on today´s videogame marketing.
What a shame. There´s room for many different types of consumers in this market: dedicated, young, old, casual, nostalgic, children, women etc. This separation between "casual" and "hardcore" is just not accurate anymore, since many consumers fit more than one cathegory. It seems that many Sony fans refuse to see videogame as a broad way of entertainment, as Nintendo and Microsoft have been trying to demonstrate with their consoles, rather than just a niche product, and that is something that annoys them.

Damn, is this discussion STILL going on?!

Like many others have said before me; I don't hate Sony. They have some fantastic games! What I hate is some of the Sonbies (Sony+Zombies) here on this site; they're immune to logic and are so full of themselves I wanna choke them on their own arrogance. They have about the same amount IQ's as they have dicks.

BUT! Some are very reasonable (Jay520) and some are quite intelligent (pezus). Now, those are not ALL the nice, reasonable, fun and intelligent Sony fans here, mind you, but it goes to show not all of them are pricks.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Deyon said:
Play4Fun said:

Are you going to create a thread for comments against Nintendo and MS too?

No? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Sony isn't the only who gets negative comments on this forum. Stop with the persecution complex.

No. the reason i created this thread is because of the way Nintendo fans always (and you know i'm right) take sides with Microsoft and hate Sony with no reason at all. I wish i can name the users and show you the numorous posts i''ve seen in the past 3 days, But i might get banned if i did that.

We should be friends, because we've been here the longest.

Why Sony-fans ALWAYS hate Nintendo, as shown in this post? LOL

Seriously, you shouldn't take some comments of some Nintendo-fans as a proof, that everyone hates Sony. Sony-fans also side with Microsoft on this forum against Nintendo (so to speak) because really here are only few Microsoft-fans and nobody uses much energy to attack them. So mostly Sony-fans and Nintendo-fans attack each other. And some are really ridiculous about that. You know what I mean, right? You know the Sony-fans that always make threads to attack Nintendo in every way possible, right? So you should stop to assume it's only Sony that gets attacked.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

They hate Skyfall

Around the Network

Sony has the core gamer wrapped up and Nintendo essentially represents the anti-core gamer if you know what I mean. They have the strongest next generation console and they have a lot of the hardcore PC + console gamers too.

Tease.

Because they are just so damn good!.

There I said it!

I like them a lot, actually. I own a PSP and a PS3 and I'm planning to get a Playstation 4 this christmas (as long as it launches with some good games of course). I enjoy my Sony consoles and games quite a lot

pezus said:
irstupid said:
curl-6 said:
I don't. I just hate the dualshock controller. :p

Been a couple years since touched my PS3, besides playing movies on it.  use a remote for control then.  But started playing Tales of Graces F recently and wow the dual shock is by far the worst controller there is.  The placement of the analog sticks is not comfortable at all.  The 360 controller layout is much better.  I mean you use the left stick basically 100% of the time, so why is the d-pad in the natural resting position for your thumb?

Huh, why is the natural resting position of your left thumb suddenly above the natural resting position of your right?

my right thumb is resting on the X, circle, square, traingle.

It's not on the right thumb stick.

pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:
I don't really hate Sony and their platforms. But what I do ''hate'' are the Sony-fanboys. I prefer them to call Sony-zombies because they're absolutely immune to logic reason. Remember how Nintendo got bashed 100x ultra when the 3DS did bad? How Sony would take over the world with their Jesus-successor ''Vita'' and Nintendo would die within a few years and deserve it, how they ruin gaming and only do gimmicks and never do online gaming in a proper way. Well, now the Vita is a big flop we only hear things like: 'a company doesn't deserve to suffer... competition is good for the industry... not all Vita games need online we get a good single player instead...(Uncharted and Modnation). Where were all those arguments in defense of Nintendo? And yet still they bash the 3DS and Wii U for being underpowered and ruin gaming. I CANT stand those guys really! And because of this, I still think the Vita's flop is justice, I really do. I always end up with a smile on friday when I see those Vita numbers. Those ignorant fanboys should learn.

When the PS4 is announced, the same thing will probably happen between Wii U and PS4 like Vita/3DS. Sony Zombies should realise it's about the games in this industry, not about power.

*laughs*

What do you do when you look at WiiU numbers each week, that are btw lower than Vita's at the same point in time?

Wii U numbers are only lower than Vita in Europe. Also, the Wii U is a new released console and new consoles never do outstanding at launch. Wii U has sold around 3,1 million in 3/4 months while Vita does 4,1 million in 1,5 year (laughs). Wii U hasn't had (good) new games in a few weeks what also explains the drop in numbers. Overall the Wii U sold way better than the 360 and PS3 in the same time (do your research). Judge a new console after a year or two please, when the real games are on the market (Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3, Mario games, Zelda games).

Sony is Doomed!