By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans, Why do you hate Sony so much?

I don't hate Sony, my favourite system of all time is the PSX. Although, SNES, Wii, DS, GBA, 3DS, and NES are probably my next favourite systems. Although I do like PSP and PS2 as well.

I do dislike the bulk of Sony fans, they are mostly perpetually angry people who seem to only exist to attack Nintendo. I don't even know if they actually play games since they seem to be fans of screenshots more so than actual games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Because, look at the covers! My GameCube and Xbox collections all have nice boxes, with custom fonts and full coloring. Now look at the PS2 boxes. Omg! White with a standard font in bold? ALL of them!? Oooomg!

To be precise I've been a PS fan for about as long as I've been a Nintendo fan. Still there was a time when I hated Sony just beacuse I was disappointed about the Ps3 on so many levels, I couldn't help being mad at them. (I was an early adopter). At this time I'm still disappointed but I think I'm not mad at them anymore.

I don't really hate Sony and their platforms. But what I do ''hate'' are the Sony-fanboys. I prefer them to call Sony-zombies because they're absolutely immune to logic reason. Remember how Nintendo got bashed 100x ultra when the 3DS did bad? How Sony would take over the world with their Jesus-successor ''Vita'' and Nintendo would die within a few years and deserve it, how they ruin gaming and only do gimmicks and never do online gaming in a proper way. Well, now the Vita is a big flop we only hear things like: 'a company doesn't deserve to suffer... competition is good for the industry... not all Vita games need online we get a good single player instead...(Uncharted and Modnation). Where were all those arguments in defense of Nintendo? And yet still they bash the 3DS and Wii U for being underpowered and ruin gaming. I CANT stand those guys really! And because of this, I still think the Vita's flop is justice, I really do. I always end up with a smile on friday when I see those Vita numbers. Those ignorant fanboys should learn.

When the PS4 is announced, the same thing will probably happen between Wii U and PS4 like Vita/3DS. Sony Zombies should realise it's about the games in this industry, not about power.

I dislike all who condemn the acts of the few and ignorantly act like all fans of a given group are the same.

Like... a lot of people in this here thread.

Around the Network

I am pretty sure Nintendo fans dont hate sony that much its more like Sony fans hate nintendo and nintendo fans hate the sony fans ones that hate nintendo.

I mean most of the time the agressors are from the sony fanbase be it Microsoft or Nintendo they hate. Ive actually not seen Nintendo fans hating on sony. Other than schadenfreude style like ATTACK ITS WEAKPOINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE rofl... etc.

I also have not seen alot of Microsoft fans "hating" other systems other than like what I said about the Nintendo fans. I also have not encountered alot of Nintendo fans / microsoft fans hating Microsoft/Nintendo.

Most of the time its Sony against the world.

You know there is a reason why every poll that askes "Who has the worst f*nboys" ends with the same result.

@Hynad thats the way the cookie crumbles.   Every arab now is bad because of   imaginary terrorists from Afghanistan.  In WW2 every german or  japanese was bad even the ones that were born in the states but just had a german surname   and even some chinese  etc because they simply looked like japanese. 

Immigrants are all "lazy" and are the reason for crime (you remember 400 years ago  something like murder was UNKNOWN to the mankind!)

/end of sarcasm 

It does not help to complain about being treated unfair. I mean if you dont like what your "group" is doing  be a shining example of how to be OKAY and not DUMB but this wont happen since most people are somewhat lazy  its easier to just accept the way it is then to change something.

JayWood2010 said:
I honestly dont notice Nintendo fans going at anybody very often. It is mostly Sony fans and MSFT fans that are attacking each other. And on this site the majority would be Sony

Not only in this site, but also in every other site that talks about games.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I have no contempt for Sony. My dislike in Games goes towards Microsoft because they have literally nothing that interests me. Sony has things like LittleBigPlanet, Catherine and Ni No Kuni that make me want a PS3. As long as a generation finishes in a Nintendo-Sony 1-2 (or vice versa), I'm happy.

ROFLMAO said:
I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I have no contempt for Sony. My dislike in Games goes towards Microsoft because they have literally nothing that interests me. Sony has things like LittleBigPlanet, Catherine and Ni No Kuni that make me want a PS3. As long as a generation finishes in a Nintendo-Sony 1-2 (or vice versa), I'm happy.

Just to clarify, Catherine is also on the 360.

It's just rivalry.