By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do People Think Sony Will Destroy Nintendo/MicroSoft Next Gen???

Is Sony really going to win just Cuz of its Reveal on Feb 20th?

Of course 62 27.43%

Cant judge just yet 76 33.63%

Wait intill after its bee... 60 26.55%

Its Bad to Judge others 27 11.95%

Total:225

See you are trying to create drama where there really is none. Winning something and destroying something are two different things with two different responses. I don't see anyone saying anything about Playstation destroying other next gen systems in terms of sales (like the PS1 and PS2 did) but I do see people saying that the PS4 has a chance of winning, which is understandable.

Around the Network

I doubt that there are many who think that.

I do not think any console will destroy all competitors like the PS2 did. There will be a lot of hype that will result in a lot of fantastical statements on here. There just happens to be a lot of Sony fans on here.

Mr Khan said:
Who thinks that?

From what i've seen, more bets are on Microsoft as they'll be the ones to really try to push hardware innovation and cross-market accessibility, though you can't count Nintendo out.

Sony, meanwhile, seems to have a hard time learning lessons (see: Vita)

I don't think Vita has anything to do at all with Ps4, if anything they learned a lesson from it. The launch period alone was a mistake.

What I see from this PS4 teaser is that Sony is ready for next-gen and are going in guns blazing. They seem to have more confidence in PS4 seeing as how they are hinting that it exists. Meanwhile they are still supporting Ps3 with some AAA games this year. 

Sony is in a great position in the home console space at the moment. They are leading in worldwide sales and they are making the first moves for next-gen. There's a lot of confidene in Sony right now.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
imagine a world where Sony does PS2 all over again.

That's a world I want to live in :")

Around the Network

Most people, if they're trying to be objective, don't say that. I've seen a lot more speculation that has Microsoft coming out on top than Sony.

If you're talking about people who say that simply because they want it to be true then you're going to find they exist for all consoles. I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of people repeating "Nintendomination" (or something like that) until recently.

Overall I've seen a bunch of Sony and Nintendo doom articles and a bunch of "MS has more money so they will dominate" talk.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Your company of choice has to lose two generations in a row before you start thinking rationally about console sales.

Signature goes here!

dsgrue3 said:

Wishful thinking. MSONY will split next generation...again, while Nintendo gobbles the scraps. Basically, Wii U will be a distant third while MSONY dominate the market.

↑↑↑i highly doubt this↑↑↑

VGKing said:
Mr Khan said:
Who thinks that?

From what i've seen, more bets are on Microsoft as they'll be the ones to really try to push hardware innovation and cross-market accessibility, though you can't count Nintendo out.

Sony, meanwhile, seems to have a hard time learning lessons (see: Vita)

I don't think Vita has anything to do at all with Ps4, if anything they learned a lesson from it. The launch period alone was a mistake.

What I see from this PS4 teaser is that Sony is ready for next-gen and are going in guns blazing. They seem to have more confidence in PS4 seeing as how they are hinting that it exists. Meanwhile they are still supporting Ps3 with some AAA games this year. 

Sony is in a great position in the home console space at the moment. They are leading in worldwide sales and they are making the first moves for next-gen. There's a lot of confidene in Sony right now.

I concur, unlike Nintendo and to a certain extent, Microsoft (with the Xbox), I dont see Sony dumping the PS3 in any fashion any time soon nor the Vita depsite not selling that well.