By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U: Nintendo 'Got It Wrong With This Console' - Pachter

1. But Pachter goes as far to say that the disappointing hardware sales won’t be relieved unless Nintendo cuts the price of the Wii U.

2. “The Wii U is not going to be very competitive if Sony and Microsoft launch comparable consoles at comparable prices,” explained Pachter.   

1. price won't help hardware, software will.  Doesn't matter if the Wii U is free.  It needs games.  You can't do anythign with a Wii U without games.  (well actually you can these days, but nothing you already don't have in your house)

2. Don't you love when someone says something is gong to fail to another when we don't even know what the other is yet.  The other could be an exact copy of the wii u.  We have no idea yet, yet he is already claiming they are better.  

Around the Network

Wii had momentum going on thanks to casuals, everyone and their dog wanted to try out the Wii, then came the fitness games and made the console even more popular while the Marios were for the sons and daughters.

This time however, there is no such hype. It'll be a console for Nintendo fans.

I don't completely disagree with Pachter, but for the most part I think he's being unreasonable with his analysis.

irstupid said:

1. But Pachter goes as far to say that the disappointing hardware sales won’t be relieved unless Nintendo cuts the price of the Wii U.

2. “The Wii U is not going to be very competitive if Sony and Microsoft launch comparable consoles at comparable prices,” explained Pachter.   

1. price won't help hardware, software will.  Doesn't matter if the Wii U is free.  It needs games.  You can't do anythign with a Wii U without games.  (well actually you can these days, but nothing you already don't have in your house)

2. Don't you love when someone says something is gong to fail to another when we don't even know what the other is yet.  The other could be an exact copy of the wii u.  We have no idea yet, yet he is already claiming they are better.  

Yup, no idea what so ever, except for almost all the specs through leaks & many many rumors pointing to atleast one of them launching this holiday.

Patcher has become the celebrity pinhead of games. As if we needed an o'rielly to start smack. Ignore him.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
This will finally be the nail in his coffin. Price cut effect would last for a few weeks at most.

3DS says "Hi!"

chris_wing said:
irstupid said:

Yup, no idea what so ever, except for almost all the specs through leaks & many many rumors pointing to atleast one of them launching this holiday.

please tell me these things about the PS4 and 720

1. What is the controller like?

2. What are launch games?

3. What is the launch price?

That's all I care about.  Couldn't give a shit about whether it has 2 gb of ram or 4 gb of ram.  Or whatever teraflops and other specs you want to toss at me.  Those things will equate to ZERO sales.  It's the three things I listed above that will matter.

Price cut to play games that people already have or Mario?
It`s true that the price of the best bundle is high, but with, not just, enough games, but also, a glowing release schedule, things will improve.

chris_wing said:
spurgeonryan said:
This will finally be the nail in his coffin. Price cut effect would last for a few weeks at most.

3DS says "Hi!"

3DS price cut wasn't what sold the systems, it was the Mario Kart and 3D Mario games.  The 3DS price cut did contribute, but if you knew better you'd know that a price cut by itself isn't enough.

I agree with Pachter on Nintendos chances of beating Microsoft and Sony this gen without the casuals; however, Nintendo has no competition right now, therefore they need no such price cut until the first year and/or holiday season of the competitions consoles has seen results in a positive light. If it is negative then they don't need to move just yet, but if they are good like the expected because of the techie and core gamers who always buy Sony's consoles for instance at launch beware, especially if its at a decent price.