By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The VGChartz Art Creation & Gallery thread

Trunkin said:

Hmm, well, I'll have to copy Spurge and say I'm no art aficionado either. Heh. The only thing I can point out is that her pupils aren't quite centered the irises. They seem a bit on the small side(I usually draw mine too big) and her irises aren't entirely round. From this angle they wouldn't be perfect circles, but they would be a bit more elliptical. Eyes are also quite reflective, so the light should be more clearly seen in her eyes as well, giving them a more glossy, life-like appearance. There are some good youtube videos on shading the eye. There's one in particular that I found quite helpful. I might post it here if I can find it.

I'm sure Marucha, professional/goddess that she is, could give you some better pointers. :) 

Thanks for taking the time, appreciate it. Gonna make the modifications and upload it.

lol I probably seem so weird to you right now, but 'firsts' are always special :p

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Trunkin said:

Hmm, well, I'll have to copy Spurge and say I'm no art aficionado either. Heh. The only thing I can point out is that her pupils aren't quite centered the irises. They seem a bit on the small side(I usually draw mine too big) and her irises aren't entirely round. From this angle they wouldn't be perfect circles, but they would be a bit more elliptical. Eyes are also quite reflective, so the light should be more clearly seen in her eyes as well, giving them a more glossy, life-like appearance. There are some good youtube videos on shading the eye. There's one in particular that I found quite helpful. I might post it here if I can find it.

I'm sure Marucha, professional/goddess that she is, could give you some better pointers. :) 

Thanks for taking the time, appreciate it. Gonna make the modifications and upload it.

lol I probably seem so weird to you right now, but 'firsts' are always special :p

No problem. :) And no, I don't think you're wierd. I remember my first "real" digital painting. I was so proud of it, and yours is way better than mine was. 

miz1q2w3e said:
As promised, here's my drawing :)

Oh. My. Goodness. That's amazing.

Trunkin said:

No problem. :) And no, I don't think you're wierd. I remember my first "real" digital painting. I was so proud of it, and yours is way better than mine was. 

haha yep I know that feel :p

Can I see?

NintendoPie said:

Oh. My. Goodness. That's amazing.

Hey, thanks NinPie n.n It's my first painting so that really means a lot :D

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Trunkin said:

haha yep I know that feel :p

Can I see?

Well, if you insist...

It was so beautiful to my eyes back then, but now all I see are the flaws. haha

Trunkin said:

Well, if you insist...

Exactly this :B

At the time of drawing this I thought it was the best looking thing ever. Then, when i got a drawing pad I drew this, and suddenly it was the best looking thing ever XD Now all I see is flaws in both x_x

miz1q2w3e said:
Trunkin said:

Well, if you insist...

Exactly this :B

At the time of drawing this I thought it was the best looking thing ever. Then, when i got a drawing pad I drew this, and suddenly it was the best looking thing ever XD Now all I see is flaws in both x_x

Heh. I even look back at some of my sketches from early last year and see all the silly mistakes I made. I guess the ability to see the flaws in our earlier work is a sure sign of improvement, though. 

miz1q2w3e said:
As promised, here's my drawing :)

I'm pretty nooby so ALL feedback is welcome - This is my first for real drawing ever, besides when I first tried out my drawing pad. This took maybe four sessions to complete, each session around 2 hours.

Thanks Marucha for making this thread :)

My feedback will have to wait, I have to pick my jaw from off the floor first... Seriously, this is amazing! It's so luminous and it has a cell-shaded quality to it. I really love it!

Signature goes here!

http://nyleveia.com/Tachikoma/koira.png
Just something I've been working on, on-and-off for the PlayStation 3 for a while, Was intended to go on PSN store months ago along with some other ones I did but I've decided this and future ones will be released freely, as it's easier to maintain and update them without the red tape and confusion.

I'd embed it but it's large and quite huge in filesize.