Unfinished: My first ever Wacom tablet image. ^

My pencil Drawing ^

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:

I like this thread :)

Pure Illustrator ^

Unfinished: My first ever Wacom tablet image. ^

My pencil Drawing ^

Very cool :) You should keep posting your work. And yeah, first ever Wacom paintings heh... it was hell me learning to blend in PS for the first time. I did not understand the whole dropper concept and had trouble with making my first brush.

I have been neglecting this thread :(

I only did some minor sketches, that are mainly studies... I have a t-shirt design I am working, a website, studying and another portrait work I will be working on soon. I took a break to play Minecraft, but besides that, some drawing...

I still have not finished this:

Self-portrait that started, but I haven't gotten past this point yet :pp

This one I am just playing around with for fun:

BTW, my husband was so kind to build me a new desk. I really needed one. I had an executive desk before, but I left it behind because it was so heavy (I did not want him carrying it up stairs or anything). This one is a lot more spacious and has a really large keyboard tray:

The clutter on the sides of it is not mine lol...

kain_kusanagi said:
Marucha said:

In honor of the Tomb Raider release...

http://i.imgur.com/T7w9084.jpg

I LOVE IT!. It takes me back, that's for sure. I love the sparkle on her triangle breast, it really sells the joke.

BTW, you might be interested in an art challege in another thread. It's a MS Paint challenge.

Here's the link: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156769

I made a Halo 2 joke for the challenge:

It's fun to see what you can pull off with such a limited tool as MS Paint.

Gosh I haven't used Paint since Windows 3.11 lol That's how long it's been

Marucha said:

Very cool :) You should keep posting your work. And yeah, first ever Wacom paintings heh... it was hell me learning to blend in PS for the first time. I did not understand the whole dropper concept and had trouble with making my first brush.

I only did some minor sketches, that are mainly studies... I have a t-shirt design I am working, a website, studying and another portrait work I will be working on soon. I took a break to play Minecraft, but besides that, some drawing...

BTW, my husband was so kind to build me a new desk. I really needed one. I had an executive desk before, but I left it behind because it was so heavy (I did not want him carrying it up stairs or anything). This one is a lot more spacious and has a really large keyboard tray:

Yah im still trying to figgure out the brushes, but i finally got the dropper. With a hotkey on my tablet its just a breeze, i love it. Here is some more:

antfromtashkent said:
Marucha said:

Yah im still trying to figgure out the brushes, but i finally got the dropper. With a hotkey on my tablet its just a breeze, i love it. Here is some more:

Thanks for the update :) Something I used to do, but kinda have to avoid more now because my brush does rotation, is I set the button that is usually "right clicK" (towards the pen tip) to "Alt/Option (Dropper)" and the top button to Right click... the reason I do the top to right click is because in Photoshop, it gives you quick access to adjust your brush size, your brush and your hardness/softness level. Definitely a time saver...

I posted up what my brushes were a while ago. Well, actually I posted something about lineart... but it can be used for blending, just make sure you turn off completely or at least turn the minimum size jitter to a minimum 80%. You don't really want the size jitter on when blending/rendering because it completely screws you up when you are trying to use the pressure opacity to paint. This is the post.

Yeah, I've been working on design work and projects, so not as much time to freely paint. I'm seriously amazed just how many cool websites there are for art/design community. I've started filling my twitter feed with them, it provides good inspiration throughout the day... I highly recommend it for people who use Twitter/FB a lot and just need to get in the mood to work.