By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft working on new Ip?

NobleTeam360 said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

They cant honestly think that can keep winging it with Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable.

MS don't think that they only need Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable they just don't waste new IP's for the end of console generation, it was the same on Xbox 1. When Xbox 1 was at its end, Ms concentrated as well totally on the next generation they, not wasting resources for an dying console when they have to get sure that the next big thing is successful.

We will see plenty new games and a few awesome new IPs on the next xbox.

What new IP's did Microsoft even create in the middle of the generation? All new IP's from their first party came within the first three years and that was it.

Alan Wake was near the  middle of the gen. and they bought  Twisted Pixel Games they brought a few cool new IPs in the middle of gen. MR/MS Splosion Man. Also Rare made the Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts it is not really a new IP but the return of a really old one. Forza Horizon ist actually a new IP too.

Microsoft never made Alan Wake, it's on PC if you want it. When I say IP's I mean retail. Forza Horizon isn't a new IP it's just a side game for Forza to keep the brand going, but it tanked last I heard.

Yes Alan Wake is on the PC too and guess why? Microsoft ownes a little thing that calls Windows lol, so no  miracle that they delivery a few of there games on windows too. And Forza Horizon is a new IP beside of the physics Engine it has nothing to do with Forza, it is a different genre and we sure will see a Forza Horizon 2 in the future, so it is a own new IP.

Lol I love MS and Its games but do you really call Forza Horizon a new IP? Should I call Halo Wars a new Ip just because it isn't a FPS?

Look up intellectual property.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

They cant honestly think that can keep winging it with Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable.

MS don't think that they only need Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable they just don't waste new IP's for the end of console generation, it was the same on Xbox 1. When Xbox 1 was at its end, Ms concentrated as well totally on the next generation they, not wasting resources for an dying console when they have to get sure that the next big thing is successful.

What new IP's did Microsoft even create in the middle of the generation? All new IP's from their first party came within the first three years and that was it.

Alan Wake was near the  middle of the gen. and they bought  Twisted Pixel Games they brought a few cool new IPs in the middle of gen. MR/MS Splosion Man. Also Rare made the Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts it is not really a new IP but the return of a really old one. Forza Horizon ist actually a new IP too.

Microsoft never made Alan Wake, it's on PC if you want it. When I say IP's I mean retail. Forza Horizon isn't a new IP it's just a side game for Forza to keep the brand going, but it tanked last I heard.

Yes Alan Wake is on the PC too and guess why? Microsoft ownes a little thing that calls Windows lol, so no  miracle that they delivery a few of there games on windows too. And Forza Horizon is a new IP beside of the physics Engine it has nothing to do with Forza, it is a different genre and we sure will see a Forza Horizon 2 in the future, so it is a own new IP.

Lol I love MS and Its games but do you really call Forza Horizon a new IP? Should I call Halo Wars a new Ip just because it isn't a FPS?

Look up intellectual property.

What?

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

Alright stage ive heard enough.  MSFT published Alan Wake and MSFT allows many of its games to go to PC once the game stops selling on X360 to maximize sells.  Very smart move from a very smart business.  But i guess if you want to make things like that into a competition then that is fine but MSFT and Remedy both end up winning in that siuation.

Also if selling more than a million in less than 2 months is tanking then wow I could bring up a ton of games that is tanking right now.  Dont ever listen to turkish and do your own research

It's a new IP but it does not belong to Microsoft, thats my argument, try debunking that.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

new IP it's just a side game for Forza to keep the brand going, but it tanked last I heard.

Alright stage ive heard enough.  MSFT published Alan Wake and MSFT allows many of its games to go to PC once the game stops selling on X360 to maximize sells.  Very smart move from a very smart business.  But i guess if you want to make things like that into a competition then that is fine but MSFT and Remedy both end up winning in that siuation.

Also if selling more than a million in less than 2 months is tanking then wow I could bring up a ton of games that is tanking right now.  Dont ever listen to turkish and do your own research

It's a new IP but it does not belong to Microsoft, thats my argument, try debunking that.

I'm not trying to debunk anything.  It is a Third Party title and Microsoft made a deal with Remedy.  Nothing more. not really sure what you are trying to prove but I and many other people are very aware that it is a third party partnership

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

new IP it's just a side game for Forza to keep the brand going, but it tanked last I heard.

I'm not trying to debunk anything.  It is a Third Party title and Microsoft made a deal with Remedy.  Nothing more. not really sure what you are trying to prove but I and many other people are very aware that it is a third party partnership

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the title of the page now does it? Microsoft working on a new IP implies first party. In a way yes, they have but its very Kinect heavy.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the title of the page now does it? Microsoft working on a new IP implies first party. In a way yes, they have but its very Kinect heavy.

What are you talking about?  I dont know if this is a different conversation with somebody else or what.  I was just stating that MSFT and Remedy made a deal to make Alan Wake.  MSFT often allows Third Parties and sometimes first parties make a PC game a year or so after release because it maximizes profits.

Disregarding that I don't know what you are talking about.  We dont know what Marlow Briggs is yet.  It could be a new Ip and it might not be.  Microsoft has 10 1st Party Studios working on something that we know nothing about so it wouldn't be doubtful that this is a new ip

Nem said:
Well, they have to.

Even if Sony puts out more games, the problem is consumers don't care about most of thier games.

Did you not see all the flops they had in 2012?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What are you talking about?  I dont know if this is a different conversation with somebody else or what.  I was just stating that MSFT and Remedy made a deal to make Alan Wake.  MSFT often allows Third Parties and sometimes first parties make a PC game a year or so after release because it maximizes profits.

Disregarding that I don't know what you are talking about.  We dont know what Marlow Briggs is yet.  It could be a new Ip and it might not be.  Microsoft has 10 1st Party Studios working on something that we know nothing about so it wouldn't be doubtful that this is a new ip

Microsoft doesn't allow Remedy to do anything unless they own the IP rights and or paid contractually for second party exclusivity. What you're explaining is Gears of Wars circumstance. Remedy owns the IP and they had it published by an outside publisher for PC.

I am sure Marlow Briggs is a first party domain name, so that makes sense.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft doesn't allow Remedy to do anything unless they own the IP rights and or paid contractually for second party exclusivity. What you're explaining is Gears of Wars circumstance. Remedy owns the IP and they had it published by an outside publisher for PC.

That very well may be the case.  I'm just explaining what they do often times.  We don't know what the deal was between Remedy and Misrosoft.  I just know what I know, which is they made a deal.  Anyways I really am not trying to argue with you.  I already explained to the other guy as well that Forza Horizon is not a new Ip.  

Question though.  What was you talking about New ip?  I was really lost on that part lol  Was you saying that Alan Wake wasnt a new ip for MSFT because it isnt first party?  That is correct, MSFT doesnt own Alan Wake, but it is a new ip which im assuming is what you was trying to say anyways.

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

That very well may be the case.  I'm just explaining what they do often times.  We don't know what the deal was between Remedy and Misrosoft.  I just know what I know, which is they made a deal.  Anyways I really am not trying to argue with you.  I already explained to the other guy as well that Forza Horizon is not a new Ip.  

Question though.  What was you talking about New ip?  I was really lost on that part lol  Was you saying that Alan Wake wasnt a new ip for MSFT because it isnt first party?  That is correct, MSFT doesnt own Alan Wake, but it is a new ip which im assuming is what you was trying to say anyways.

Yeah, I was in total agreement that Alan Wake was a new IP the whole time. I was just more focused on the title which was Microsoft working on a new IP, thats all. Just trying to keep it first party.