By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft working on new Ip?

J_Allard said:
Secondary team was your words (before you edited), not mine.

Yeah, secondary team...like Treyarch was secondary to Infinity Ward at one time.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

They cant honestly think that can keep winging it with Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable.

MS don't think that they only need Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable they just don't waste new IP's for the end of console generation, it was the same on Xbox 1. When Xbox 1 was at its end, Ms concentrated as well totally on the next generation they, not wasting resources for an dying console when they have to get sure that the next big thing is successful.

We will see plenty new games and a few awesome new IPs on the next xbox.

What new IP's did Microsoft even create in the middle of the generation? All new IP's from their first party came within the first three years and that was it.

Alan Wake was near the  middle of the gen. and they bought  Twisted Pixel Games they brought a few cool new IPs in the middle of gen. MR/MS Splosion Man. Also Rare made the Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts it is not really a new IP but the return of a really old one. Forza Horizon ist actually a new IP too.

Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

They cant honestly think that can keep winging it with Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable.

MS don't think that they only need Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable they just don't waste new IP's for the end of console generation, it was the same on Xbox 1. When Xbox 1 was at its end, Ms concentrated as well totally on the next generation they, not wasting resources for an dying console when they have to get sure that the next big thing is successful.

What new IP's did Microsoft even create in the middle of the generation? All new IP's from their first party came within the first three years and that was it.

Alan Wake was near the  middle of the gen. and they bought  Twisted Pixel Games they brought a few cool new IPs in the middle of gen. MR/MS Splosion Man. Also Rare made the Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts it is not really a new IP but the return of a really old one. Forza Horizon ist actually a new IP too.

Microsoft never made Alan Wake, it's on PC if you want it. When I say IP's I mean retail. Forza Horizon isn't a new IP it's just a side game for Forza to keep the brand going, but it tanked last I heard.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

Microsoft never made Alan Wake, it's on PC if you want it. When I say IP's I mean retail. Forza Horizon isn't a new IP it's just a side game for Forza to keep the brand going, but it tanked last I heard.

Uhh no, Forza Horizon didn't tank. If your talking about VGking's thread about FH tanking becuase of a price drop... well it turns out to be a Black Friday price drop.

Not suprised that it made N4G front page though.  

Yay!!!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

Yes Alan Wake is on the PC too and guess why? Microsoft ownes a little thing that calls Windows lol, so no  miracle that they delivery a few of there games on windows too. And Forza Horizon is a new IP beside of the physics Engine it has nothing to do with Forza, it is a different genre and we sure will see a Forza Horizon 2 in the future, so it is a own new IP.

Around the Network
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

Yes Alan Wake is on the PC too and guess why? Microsoft ownes a little thing that calls Windows lol, so no  miracle that they delivery a few of there games on windows too. And Forza Horizon is a new IP beside of the physics Engine it has nothing to do with Forza, it is a different genre and we sure will see a Forza Horizon 2 in the future, so it is a own new IP.

Lol I love MS and Its games but do you really call Forza Horizon a new IP? Should I call Halo Wars a new Ip just because it isn't a FPS?

i would hope MS are working on a lot more then 1 new IP for next gen, intact i would think they should be working on at least 10 games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

Alright stage ive heard enough.  MSFT published Alan Wake and MSFT allows many of its games to go to PC once the game stops selling on X360 to maximize sells.  Very smart move from a very smart business.  But i guess if you want to make things like that into a competition then that is fine but MSFT and Remedy both end up winning in that siuation.

Also if selling more than a million in less than 2 months is tanking then wow I could bring up a ton of games that is tanking right now.  Dont ever listen to turkish and do your own research

PlaystaionGamer said:
i would hope MS are working on a lot more then 1 new IP for next gen, intact i would think they should be working on at least 10 games.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios  MS should be working on 10+ new games. They have 21 first party studios!

Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Grandia said:
Nem said:
Well, they have to.

While i know you are mostly saying things that are true I do want to point out that Forza Horizon is not a new Ip.  It could have been if they changed the name but they kept the name Forza so it could be more recognizable.  It is a branch off, not a new ip.  Other than that most of waht you say has been correct