By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Does Joe Flacco deserve to be payed Brees money???

amp316 said:
I'm moving this to Sports Discussion since that's where it should be.

OT No one deserves the kind of money that Drew Brees gets but I'm sure that Flacco will command that kind of contract because he was stellar when it counted this season. Right place at the right time.

I didn't put it in the sports discussion? Wow fail lol.

Exactly it is right place at the right time. Contract situations in sports is pretty much based on what have you done lately.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Objectively speaking, no. He's not as good as the highest level of QB in the NFL. He's not at the same skill level as Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and a few others. Those guys are consistently excellent. Other QBs, like Eli Manning, aren't very consistent but they've shown flashes of brilliance that make them very dangerous and nearly unstoppable at times.

However, the NFL is subjective. If you have a particular QB on your team and your team wins big with that guy, then you need to keep him and you need to pay him. Flacco is often good but rarely brilliant. He's more inconsistent than you'd like but he now has a history of playing well when it counts. In the sense that the Ravens won the Super Bowl with Flacco under center, yes, he probably deserves "elite" money.

Right now, though, he still has things to prove as a player. One of the most memorable quotes I've ever heard was about the difference between a "good player having a great year" and a "great player having a good year"--to be considered great, you have to perform at a high level over a long period of time and Flacco really hasn't done that yet.

The only quarterbacks in the NFL that deserves a ridiculous amount of money is Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, , and maybe Aaron Rodgers.

I'm thinking maybe Eli too since he has won two superbowls but he makes a lot of mistakes as well. The three quarterbacks I mentioned above though has potential of getting you to the Superbowl every year though and regardless of what wide receivers and tight ends they have they dominate the field. Aaron Rodgers has yet to prove this but he has proved to be incredibly dangerous in the passing game who is also got great pocket presence and scrambling abilities.

Take Joe Flaccos receivers away and he wouldnt have won last night. Just throw it up high and they go after the ball. In his case the receivers are making him and not the other way around

Miguel_Zorro said:

No.  Joe Flacco is an average quarterback on a great team.  Even with a super bowl ring.  He's barely even top 10 - although he was clutch in the playoffs this year.

Actually he was more then clutch in the playoffs this year 11 TD and no picks its one of the best playoff performances of all time.

ishiki said:

I'm not a ravens fan. He will get brees like money whether he deserves or not because that's just how the market is. If the ravens don't give him similar money, someone will. Or they will be forced to franchise him which gives him an Average of the Top 5 salary's.

This is truth. He doesn't deserve it, but he will most certainly get it. We're in a whole new era of the league where guys in the bottom of the top ten can lead great teams to super bowls.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Not a Ravens fan but usually wining a super bowl will get you a huge contract.

not that i'm biased or anything but flacco's entire paycheck should be forfeited to rogers. :P