By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Does Joe Flacco deserve to be payed Brees money???

For those Raven fans, why does Flacco deserve a max money contract similar to Drew Brees and other elite quarterbacks?

If he wins super bowl MVP does that automatically put his name into that elite category???

Personally I don't think he's in that elite QB area yet. Most of the success of the Ravens the past couple seasons can be more attributed to the defense compared to Joe Flacco's offense. 

What do you think?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

QB always plays a big role but Flacco seems to just throw high for Bolden and Smith and let them make plays. I don't see him make the fantastic scramble plays of throwing off defenders like Roethlisberger and throwing on the run or the brilliant back-shoulder passes of Aaron Rodgers. Ray Rice will most likely get MVP if the Ravens win or perhaps a defensive player.

OT Drew Brees deserves more money. The guy threw for 5,000 yards with no superstar receivers or running back and a D that made it so everyone knew they were passing by halftime. Throw in Sean Payton being gone and it's incredible what he accomplished this year.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Curious to see what people think now....

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I'm not a ravens fan. He will get brees like money whether he deserves or not because that's just how the market is. If the ravens don't give him similar money, someone will. Or they will be forced to franchise him which gives him an Average of the Top 5 salary's.

Market demands he'll get a contract like that. Matt Ryan is going to get brees like money in all likely-hood, and flacco has been better than Ryan when it counts. He got 11 TD's no interceptions in the playoffs with a 114.7 QB rating. He was pretty much the best quarterback in the postseason, and has been great in the playoffs in past seasons. (and good enough but extremely inconsistent in the regular season).

For instance in the NBA, Kobe Bryant Gets Max Money, like Deron Williams, and Joe Johnson. Kobe Bryant is way better than Deron Williams. It's just how it works.

ishiki said:

I'm not a ravens fan. He will get brees like money whether he deserves or not because that's just how the market is. If the ravens don't give him similar money someone will. Or they will be forced to Franchise him.

Market demands he'll get a contract like that. Matt Ryan is going to get brees like money in all likely-hood, and flacco has been better than Ryan. He got 11 TD's no interceptions in the playoffs and a lot of yards. And has been amazing in the playoffs (and good enough in the regular season).

For instance in the NBA, Kobe Bryant Gets Max Money, like Deron Williams, and Joe Johnson. Kobe Bryant is way better than Deron Williams. It's just how it works.

Well if you put it in Nba terms.... Kobe is my favorite player, but he's getting almost 29 million this year and 30 mil next year. Deron isn't even earning 20 this year. Both are overpayed though. 

With Facco, hopefully he doesn't turn into "Flucco" during next regular season, because I think he earned the money this postseason alone.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
ishiki said:

I'm not a ravens fan. He will get brees like money whether he deserves or not because that's just how the market is. If the ravens don't give him similar money someone will. Or they will be forced to Franchise him.

Market demands he'll get a contract like that. Matt Ryan is going to get brees like money in all likely-hood, and flacco has been better than Ryan. He got 11 TD's no interceptions in the playoffs and a lot of yards. And has been amazing in the playoffs (and good enough in the regular season).

Well if you put it in Nba terms.... Kobe is my favorite player, but he's getting almost 29 million this year and 30 mil next year. Deron isn't even earning 20 this year. Both are overpayed though. 

With Facco, hopefully he doesn't turn into "Flucco" during next regular season, because I think he earned the money this postseason alone.

Yeah I guess that isn't a good example because of how the NBA works (the longer you're in the league the more you're able to get paid on a Max contract), But I'm sure you understood my point.

I personally put him in the category Eli-Manning was after the first superbowl (before he won his second SB and essentially proved himself). Flacco hasn't choked, and he's definetely a good QB. But extremely inconsistent in the Regular Season. 

Flacco's regular season resume, is really pretty average (he had 1 more TD reception and the same amount of interceptions as cam newton) and was carried in large spans by his defense or RB. unlike Aaron Roger's, Tom Brady, and brees.

Like you said though, he played so well in the Postseason, it's hard for the his Agent to not demand a huge contract, so hopefully this wasn't a fluke (well if you're a ravens fan).

I'm a cardinals/GB fan, and cardinals are terrible lol.

I don't know if he is in the elite quarterback category but he is miles better then the guy that plays a couple of miles from where I live Tony Romo that guy is totally overrated he is decent for a undrafted player but that's about it. In a game that matters he will trow a pick sooner or later. Going back to Flacco what he did in the playoffs was pretty amazing though 11 TD passes and no picks.

I'm moving this to Sports Discussion since that's where it should be.

OT No one deserves the kind of money that Drew Brees gets but I'm sure that Flacco will command that kind of contract because he was stellar when it counted this season. Right place at the right time.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

He won the Super Bowl. He deserves elite money. Brees is the highest payed QB right now? He didn't even make the playoffs this year. Personally I think he is the ultimate stat buffer. P.Manning got a massive contract and lost in the first round. Frankly he has kind of sucked in the playoffs throughout his career besides that one season when Brady went down. Brady use to be really good in the playoffs and Super Bowl but recently he has been choking.

So what makes a QB elite? The ability to beef up stats or the ability to be clutch in the playoffs and Super Bowl? The QBs I mentioned above are all excellent regular season quarterbacks but they have won squat recently when it matters. Personally I would take Eli over Peyton as well.

Flacco deserves "elite" money or whatever Eli manning gets paid. They may suck in the regular season but when it matters the most they deliver.

No...He is a good QB but no where near P.Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers so in turn should not be payed as well as them.