By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anyone else seen "Million Dollar Baby"?

Aldro said:
Turkish said:
Great boxing movie, I love boxing movies. Watch Cinderella Man and The Fighter.

Seen The Fighter.

But like.. Million dollar baby.. => The movie really really got to me on a more ..personal level. Like for all I care I hated how the last fight turned out the way it did. But it was the scenes of her training and rising to end up the way she did that really just felt like someone ripped out my heart and continously punched it. I wanted a holywood happy ending but then again, I suppose if I was given that, I wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this. Heartbreaking...

Yep, I watched it again a week after my first watch, very sad movie...

Around the Network

A sad and touching movie, but no masterpiece, not even my favourite from Eastwood as director.

i wish they spelled mo chuisle right :P
yeah saw it on theaters and cry my ass out.....damn that was my first year in college... good times

Seen it, preachy movie based on a faulty premise ...

If you choose (pretty much) at any point in time you can get a lawyer to draft up a DNR order and/or a document getting the hospital to remove life support and if you need external aid to survive you will die. The movie was a consequence of the Terri Schiavo case, but they obviously didn't understand the case at all. In the Terri Schiavo case the question was whether a husband could choose to cut off life support for his wife when she didn't have a living will (so there was no knowledge whether she wanted to die) in order to enact her will and collect all of her money.

aikohualda said:
i wish they spelled mo chuisle right :P
yeah saw it on theaters and cry my ass out.....damn that was my first year in college... good times

During the scene where we find out what it means, I wept like an infant whose just been born. Eyes were like floodgates, I couldn't stop it ;_;

Around the Network

i think is one of the worst films ive seen in my life
The scene where she gets injuried was ridiculous, made me laugh and puke at the same time
The action secuencies are average at best, and the whole script is just looking for the easy tear...
MHO

DieAppleDie said:
i think is one of the worst films ive seen in my life
The scene where she gets injuried was ridiculous, made me laugh and puke at the same time
The action secuencies are average at best, and the whole script is just looking for the easy tear...
MHO

I wish I could agree and not sit around sobbing the way I currently am, but I guess we're all different:

I was awfully moved by the performances and characters :'(

Message of the movie: life as a paraplegic isn't worth living.

Yeah, tell that to the paraplegics...

It was a pretty popular, award winning movie. I'm sure many of us have seen it. And yeah, it was pretty great.

pezus said:
Could you spoil the ending with proper spoiler tags and formatting? I ask because I've seen it but don't remember much lol

Okay so.. She gets the Old Guy to train her.. Shes 31 years old, have nothing else to live for, trains day in and out and eventually gets a few professional fights. She fights and pretty much knocks out everyone in round 1 and then its time for her to fight for the Belt. She is winning and when Round 3 ends, she turns around and the other bitch is upset for losing the round and nearly the fight that she hits her from behind. Our lovely girl hero falls and her head hits the chair that is in the corner which paralyzes her from the neck down. Long story short: She asks her trainer to turn off the machine thats keeping her alive because she has been at the top and she cant live like this.

If you don't remember it too much, fucking see it again. I know I will :'((((
The acting is superb and the characters are soooo real.. ;_;