By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which LEGO Deku Tree set would you build, if you had to choose one?

Ocarina of Time 5 83.33%

Breath of the Wild 1 16.67%

Total:6
Kakadu18 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

So I'm probably going to suffer a lot I think

When not fusing weapons they are also less durable than in BotW but can be much more durable when fused.

The strongest fuse elements add only twenty-some hits to a weapon, so the "much" part is a bit questionable.

At best you'll get like a fused diamond with an extra 400-500 points of damage before breaking, which is around mid-tier durability in BOTW.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

There is a difference between a game being bad or heavily flawed and a game just not being up ones personal taste.

I dislike Dark Souls because of it's slow movement. That doesn't mean that is a flaw or an issue. It is a slow paced and methodical game and that and it's high difficulty are it's main appeals.
Me liking fast paced action games more doesn't make Dark Souls inherently inferior.

I like Metroid Dread much more than Metroid Prime because I dislike the much slower movement and much lower difficulty in Prime. That doesn't change the fact that it's an incredibly well designed game and a lot of fun.

Very often people call something in a game a flaw that I consider to be one of the best parts of the game or simply an important part of what makes it great. The weapon durability in BotW for example is not a flaw or a mistake. It is a necessary system that is meant (and does it very effectively) to force the player to not just always use the same weapon and get more creative in combat.

Saying the physics system is meaningless and unnecesarry is like saying cappy in Super Mario Odyssey is a poorly implemented mechanic.

There is only one game that I have played, that I consider to be perfect and that is Super Mario Galaxy 2. But I like it less than the first Galaxy, Sunshine and Odyssey. I think Odyssey is easily the best Mario game, but Sunshine is my favorite.

There are big differences between quality and preference.

Exactly. I personally love Dark Souls but I 100% understand why it's not for everyone. That style of gameplay is VERY deliberate and some people (Many people, let's be honest) Just want the catharsis of killin dudes. 

I think it's clear that this guy just doesn't want to like it. Honestly, it's so sad people letting their resentment get in the way of something. Like, I don't think anyone thinks Tears of the Kingdom is genuinely a 0/10 game, but they don't see it as a 10/10 and thus I guess feel the need to counter-balance it. They don't think it deserves 10/10 (which is fine), so they give it a 0 as a punishment rather than just rating it how they feel (which realistically is probably like a 7 or 8). 

This is why review bombing is bad - it's childish as hell - and why I trust game critics/reviewers more than audiences most of the time. Critics aren't GENERALLY allowed to be petulant brats but users can do so with impunity. And if a publication is known for bias (Like Stevivor hating Sony games but loving Xbox Games, with demonstrable numbers and relative consistency), then they rightly get called out for that shit. 

I dislike Halo, but I'd never dream of giving it less than an 8/10 because I'm not stupid. I know it's not a bad game, it's just not for me. and if I had to review it for a publication I'd need to learn to put my childish brattiness behind me and be a grown-assed adult in the matter. 

Sadly gamers tend to be entitled shits and way too many of us are immature children. Don't wanna pay for our games, don't wanna learn about economics, hate it when 'politics' are put in this art form, think we're entitled to all the DLC and expansion stuff, want our games NOW but bitch when they release unfinished...Just a whole community of spoiled brats. Or, at the very least, the loudest of us are whiny bitches. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Spoiler!
*just before I take out Muktorok* Tonight's special is fried calamari. *eviscerated the monster*

I managed to reach the highest possible height in the game. Not to far above the highest island. I can't even jump on this platform I'm standing on.
The draw distance is impressive. I wonder how many kilometers this is.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 16 May 2023

Just beat a thunder gleeok. The fight was insanely exhilarating and epic even. Reminded me of the fight against Argorok in Twilight Princess.
The new overworld bosses are seriously so much better than in BotW. Even some of the stone taluses got inprovements with the bokoblin camps on their back making it tougher to get to their weak points.

Around the Network

Nintendo: Offers a sandbox for creativity and ingenuity

Players:

curl-6 said:

Nintendo: Offers a sandbox for creativity and ingenuity

Players:

I have now encountered what may just be my new favorite moment in any game.

Kakadu18 said:

I have now encountered what may just be my new favorite moment in any game.

You also made a giant torch penised wooden monster ?

Let’s just have a minute of silence for all the koroks suffering for our enjoyment and players creativity.