By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which LEGO Deku Tree set would you build, if you had to choose one?

Ocarina of Time 5 83.33%

Breath of the Wild 1 16.67%

Total:6

Fuck you Aonuma!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Update: A Nintendo spokesperson has confirmed that there are no plans to show off The Legend of Zelda for Wii U at this year's E3. You can read the full comment below.

"As Mr. Aonuma announced, The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U is no longer targeted as a 2015 release. Rather than sticking to a specific schedule, the team wants to make this the most complete and the best game it can possibly be. The new launch timing has not yet been determined. Because we’d like to focus on developing the game, we aren’t planning on showing it at this year’s E3, where we will be highlighting games launching in 2015. We will let you know when we’re ready to share more specifics."

Original Story: Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma said meeting a 2015 release date for The Legend of Zelda for Wii U is no longer a "number one priority."

"Since I declared at The Game Awards in December that the game would launch in 2015, the directors and the many members of the development team have been working hard developing the game to make it the best it can be," Aonuma said in a video addressing Nintendo fans.

During development, the team discovered "several new possibilities" for the game, Aonuma explained, which forced a reconsideration of their timeline and priorities.

Aonuma continued, "So, I must apologize to you all that were expecting the game by year's end, but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority. Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game."

Source

It's pretty upsetting. I want it out this year so bad. But they should make it the best experience it can be. I'm hoping by March 31st 2016 then.

I like Bacon said:
It's pretty upsetting. I want it out this year so bad. But they should make it the best experience it can be. I'm hoping by March 31st 2016 then.

I think that's fair. I want it this year too, but I'm willing to wait for the best, most complete experience.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I like Bacon said:

I think that's fair. I want it this year too, but I'm willing to wait for the best, most complete experience.

Me too but there are only two explanations I think:

a) It's for the NX (which makes the most sense, and would be entirely acceptable)

b) Once again Nintendo is having problems coding like all gen (which would not be acceptable)

Thing is we have always got a mainline Zelda game at least 2 years from a console launch, so for one to happen 4 years later is strange. This seems like 2005 all over again, when Nintendo delayed Twilight Princess in order to port it to the Wii.

Zelda at launch = gold.

Around the Network

I was sad when I read this news, but delaying the game can ONLY be good for the game!

What do you guys think they discovered they could do that was worth delaying the game?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

It's a double feeling. On one hand I want the best game possible and if they need a delay for that then so be it, but one the other, after seeing what we saw and hearing what we heard, I just want to play this game already!

So yeah, today, it feels like "it's the end of the world".

DanneSandin said:
I was sad when I read this news, but delaying the game can ONLY be good for the game!

What do you guys think they discovered they could do that was worth delaying the game?

They discovered that next year is the 30th anniversary and they don't have anything to celebrate.

Pavolink said:
So, I had a weird dream about Zelda HD last night. Nintendo doesn't show at E3 and I'm embracing the delay, but you guys tell me that there was a demo.

In that demo, Link can change his cloths with differents outfits equiped in each direction of the D-pad. Also, the demo showed something similar to Death Mountain with a blacksmith Goron that looks like Darunia (Ocarina of Time).

I can't wait for E3!

E3 Demo confirmed.

Pavolink said:
DanneSandin said:

They discovered that next year is the 30th anniversary and they don't have anything to celebrate.

Lol! Id be pissed then ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.