By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which LEGO Deku Tree set would you build, if you had to choose one?

Ocarina of Time 5 83.33%

Breath of the Wild 1 16.67%

Total:6

The long-awaited remake of The Legend of Zelda classic, Majora's Mask, was the best-selling game in the US for February.

While February is typically a slow month for game releases, it's still a surprise win for what is generally considered an obscure (but beloved) entry in the Zelda franchise. Nintendo's only other showing on the NPD Group's top 10 list was for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

NPD rankings do not include digital sales, only new, physical sales, but it does include collector's editions, game of the year editions, and bundles. It's worth noting that, while Nintendo did release a special edition Majora's Mask New 3DS XL in the US, the game was not bundled with that system.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) -- Nintendo
  2. Evolve (XBO, PS4, PC) -- Take 2 Interactive
  3. Dying Light (PS4, XBO, PC) -- Warner Bros. Interactive
  4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) -- Activision Blizzard
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3) -- Take 2 Interactive
  6. NBA 2K15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC) -- Take 2 Interactive
  7. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360) -- Bandai Namco Games
  8. Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4) -- Microsoft/Sony
  9. The Order: 1886 (PS4) -- Sony
  10. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) -- Capcom

While most companies don't reveal exact sales numbers, Nintendo wrote in a press release that Majora's Mask sold "515,000 combined physical and digital units." Nintendo also wrote that it is "the fastest-sellingLegend of Zelda hand-held title in US history." Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate sold "290,000 combined physical and digital units and is now the fastest-selling Monster Hunter title -- across all platforms -- in US history."

For console titles, the NPD Group's Liam Callahan offered the following guidance: "This is the first time since the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One that the top 10 console software SKUs were all from eighth generation consoles, a sign of consumer’s further transition away from seventh generation consoles towards the new console generation."

On the strength of those titles, the 3DS family also came out on top in terms of hardware sales for February.

Source

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:
^ Crap. I got 1900 now.. Need to register Hyrule Warriors and MM3D, so add 500 for 2400... Then I still want to buy Captain Toad, so another 250 for a total of 2650... I'm not going to have enough ! XD

I'd send you stars if I could!

Thanks, it's gone from the EU shop now sadly, before I could do something about it .

So, I had a weird dream about Zelda HD last night. Nintendo doesn't show at E3 and I'm embracing the delay, but you guys tell me that there was a demo.

In that demo, Link can change his cloths with differents outfits equiped in each direction of the D-pad. Also, the demo showed something similar to Death Mountain with a blacksmith Goron that looks like Darunia (Ocarina of Time).

I can't wait for E3!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
So, I had a weird dream about Zelda HD last night. Nintendo doesn't show at E3 and I'm embracing the delay, but you guys tell me that there was a demo.

In that demo, Link can change his cloths with differents outfits equiped in each direction of the D-pad. Also, the demo showed something similar to Death Mountain with a blacksmith Goron that looks like Darunia (Ocarina of Time).

I can't wait for E3!

Hmmm that gives me an idea! Changing cloths as to hide from detection from enemies could be a cool mechanic. The enemies spots you in your Hylian cloths, so you have to run around a corner to change outfit and the moblins just pass you by in your new cool Gerudo clothing

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Pavolink said:

I can't wait for E3!

Hmmm that gives me an idea! Changing cloths as to hide from detection from enemies could be a cool mechanic. The enemies spots you in your Hylian cloths, so you have to run around a corner to change outfit and the moblins just pass you by in your new cool Gerudo clothing

Well, there was a ZeldaInformer rumor (ha!) that says Link's new cloak is because you have to hide from enemies. The point is that even in the demo Link uses sometimes that cloak and it gives me the feel that will be an important part of the game.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
DanneSandin said:
Pavolink said:

I can't wait for E3!

Well, there was a ZeldaInformer rumor (ha!) that says Link's new cloak is because you have to hide from enemies. The point is that even in the demo Link uses sometimes that cloak and it gives me the feel that will be an important part of the game.

It could be a pretty cool mechanic, if done right. Which Nintendo always does ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

A few new product announcments:

3DS XL Zelda Adventurer's Pouch Kit (GameStop)

Zelda "clip armor" for 3DS XL (Best Buy)

It also looks like there may be some Majora's Mask New 3DS XL units available at GameStop and Fry's today. Good hunting!

News on the rumored live-action Zelda series:

Time spoke to Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata afterNintendo announced the gaming company would be moving into developing mobile games. But Iwata also commented on The Wall Street Journal’s report that Netflix and Nintendo were in early talks for a series based on one of Nintendo’s most famous franchises.

“As of now, I have nothing new to share with you in regard to the use of our IPs for any TV shows or films, but I can at least confirm that the article in question is not based on correct information,” Iwata said to Time.

Iwata did not outright deny that Nintendo is looking into developing a television show based on the company’s IP, nor that the company has not considered a partnership with Netflix, only that the initial report was inaccurate. And Nintendo’s surprising and momentous decision to move into mobile shows that the company is breaking down boundaries it previously had in place for itself.

Source

So, do you think Link will have his classic green tunic in Zelda HD?

Pavolink said:
So, do you think Link will have his classic green tunic in Zelda HD?

That's an interesting question. Maybe the blue tunic we've seen in the footage so far is the hero's clothes before he discovers his identity/calling. Although he already has Epona, the sailcloth, and access to some advanced fighting techniques. So maybe the blue tunic is his standard outfit.

It would definitely be bold to move away from such an iconic outfit.