By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 7 21.88%

A Link to the Past 11 34.38%

Link's Awakening 2 6.25%

Ocarina of Time 4 12.50%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 12.50%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 3 9.38%

Other 1 3.13%

Total:32
DanneSandin said:
So you guys, what do you want from the new Zelda game? I kinda wanna see a cross between OoT and LoZ...

It's hard to say. As long as the fundamentals are there, I don't mind if Aonuma and his team take liberties. What I want, basically, is a non-linear action game with plenty of exploration, combat, and problem-solving. Tack on some interesting art direction, memorable music, and some new hooks and mechanics, and I'll be happy.

Having recently played Demon's Souls, however, I appreciate the fans who scream for an adventure that's more opaque and more oriented around combat.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
So you guys, what do you want from the new Zelda game? I kinda wanna see a cross between OoT and LoZ...

It's hard to say. As long as the fundamentals are there, I don't mind if Aonuma and his team take liberties. What I want, basically, is a non-linear action game with plenty of exploration, combat, and problem-solving. Tack on some interesting art direction, memorable music, and some new hooks and mechanics, and I'll be happy.

Having recently played Demon's Souls, however, I appreciate the fans who scream for an adventure that's more opaque and more oriented around combat.

Sounds like we're looking for the same thing! I wouldn't mind a great story to go with that as well, say, somethingaking to SS; Zelda and Link felt really genuine in that one. But I hope they put someone else in charge of the music; SS didn't have that great a soundtrack. Not  bad at all, just not... "Zelda-good".

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Sounds like we're looking for the same thing! I wouldn't mind a great story to go with that as well, say, somethingaking to SS; Zelda and Link felt really genuine in that one. But I hope they put someone else in charge of the music; SS didn't have that great a soundtrack. Not  bad at all, just not... "Zelda-good".

I really liked the music in Skyward Sword!

Romance Theme, Fi's Theme, and Ballad of the Goddess were all stunners, I thought.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

I really liked the music in Skyward Sword!

Romance Theme, Fi's Theme, and Ballad of the Goddess were all stunners, I thought.

I can hardly remember any music from SS, while OoT and ALBW left more impressions on me... like I said; it wasnt bad music, it just wasnt as good as the rest of the franchise

DanneSandin said:

I can hardly remember any music from SS, while OoT and ALBW left more impressions on me... like I said; it wasnt bad music, it just wasnt as good as the rest of the franchise

LBW didn't have much new music. It was mostly arrangements of LTTP stuff. There were like 3 major new songs, and one of them was an old song backwards.

Funny enough, Ocarina also reused a lot of LTTP music, but at least it didn't overshadow the new tracks like Hyrule Field, Kokiri Forest, Gerudo Valley, dungeon themes and most Ocarina songs.

I really appreciate Skyward Sword's OST for making sparing use of the Fairy Fountain / File Select theme and Zelda's Lullaby, both of which have been overused to the point of being annoying since Ocarina of Time. It actually felt like a special occasion on the very few instances they played in Skyward Sword. The game had an enormous soundtrack, but it didn't really have anything comparable to Gerudo Valley / Dragon Roost Island, and the middle three harp songs didn't touch the best Ocarina & Wind Waker tunes. It did have some good stuff, though -- I think it's about on par with the Twilight Princess OST.

You got Groose, Ghirahim, summa this, summa that, some great boss music, some solid dungeon music, and some pretty nice shit on top of that. Also, dat staff roll. There's certainly more than that, but this is enough for now.

"I don't remember it" isn't a very strong argument against SS's music, especially when you're comparing it to LBW's OST, which consists mainly of music you've heard many times across many games for the past 20 years. Similarly, with Ocarina you've been hearing covers and remixes of all those songs non-stop for 15 years, not to mention the amount of mileage Nintendo continues to get out of them in Zelda games. Minuet of Forest in Wind Waker, Serenade of Water and Epona's Theme in Twilight Princess. Outset Island contains parts of the Kokiri Forest theme. Windfall Island contains part of the Kakariko Village theme. Nintendo won't let you forget this music.

Around the Network

Its a shame I didn't like Skyward Sword as much as I hoped I would. It wasn't even an issue with the graphics, soundtrack, or gameplay which is what frustrates me. Its that damn Fi! I couldn't take her interruptions on top of being told what every item does when I picked it up each time I booted the game. Everything else was good though, the soundtrack especially.

I may give it another go when I have the time though, it definitely deserves a 2nd chance.

Here are some new screenshots from the Twilight Princess DLC from Hyrule Warriors. If you haven't played Twilight Princess, I'd recommend skipping this post.

The Twilight Princess pack includes the new character Twili Midna, a new Adventure Mode map, the Dominion Rod weapon for Zelda, and two new costumes.

Source

Link as the Postman is definitely an.. interesting costume choice that's for sure xD

the_dengle said:
DanneSandin said:

LBW didn't have much new music. It was mostly arrangements of LTTP stuff. There were like 3 major new songs, and one of them was an old song backwards.

Funny enough, Ocarina also reused a lot of LTTP music, but at least it didn't overshadow the new tracks like Hyrule Field, Kokiri Forest, Gerudo Valley, dungeon themes and most Ocarina songs.

I really appreciate Skyward Sword's OST for making sparing use of the Fairy Fountain / File Select theme and Zelda's Lullaby, both of which have been overused to the point of being annoying since Ocarina of Time. It actually felt like a special occasion on the very few instances they played in Skyward Sword. The game had an enormous soundtrack, but it didn't really have anything comparable to Gerudo Valley / Dragon Roost Island, and the middle three harp songs didn't touch the best Ocarina & Wind Waker tunes. It did have some good stuff, though -- I think it's about on par with the Twilight Princess OST.

You got Groose, Ghirahim, summa this, summa that, some great boss music, some solid dungeon music, and some pretty nice shit on top of that. Also, dat staff roll. There's certainly more than that, but this is enough for now.

"I don't remember it" isn't a very strong argument against SS's music, especially when you're comparing it to LBW's OST, which consists mainly of music you've heard many times across many games for the past 20 years. Similarly, with Ocarina you've been hearing covers and remixes of all those songs non-stop for 15 years, not to mention the amount of mileage Nintendo continues to get out of them in Zelda games. Minuet of Forest in Wind Waker, Serenade of Water and Epona's Theme in Twilight Princess. Outset Island contains parts of the Kokiri Forest theme. Windfall Island contains part of the Kakariko Village theme. Nintendo won't let you forget this music.

sorry for taking such a long time to reply.

yes, thats all good to great songs, but nothing really stands out to me. I absolutely agree with you that it's nice of Nintendo to actually NOT reuse a lot of Zelda's main songs in SS, I've just always felt that SS ost didn't quite stack up to the rest of the series...

Check out this enterprising individual who adjusted some Link Amiibo to look like Dark Link and Water Temple Link.

Source