By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 23.08%

A Link to the Past 11 42.31%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 11.54%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 15.38%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 3.85%

Other 1 3.85%

Total:26

Breath of the Wild 1 year old! And I still feel like I'm not done with it.

Such a brilliant game. I checked the list I made for the Top 50 back in december, and apparently I feel like it's the best game I played since Knights of the Old Republic from 2003.

Played for almost 200 hours now, a single playthrough and haven't finished the DLC content yet, but I beat Ganon like 50 hours ago. From memory I only entered the first dungeon I did, Vah Ruta, after a whopping 40 hours and I remember entering my third, Vah Naboris after a hundred hours. And I was never bored in between. Time flew by with this game. I bought it twice; the one I played for WiiU, and the special edition for Switch even though I don't have a Switch.

Breath of the Wild is a breath of fresh air, and I can't wait before the rumours for the next Zelda game start again. Where can they possibly go from here?

EDIT: Completed the DLC content now. Such a bittersweet ending. Anyway I checked now and my playtime appears to actually be 273 hours... wow.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 03 March 2018

Around the Network

Well, I wrote my love letter to BotW here :)

But some of my favorite moments include:

• Landing outside the plateau for the first time and realizing I hadn't even scratched the surface
  • Riding on Sidon's back to gain entry to Vah Ruta -- still, for me, the best Divine Beast intro
  • The tender flashback with Mipha
  • Finding my way down to Hateno beach and, finally, combat clicking for me
  • Seeing Farosh for the first tiime
I could go on and on. There are so many little moments of discovery and revelation in this game.

For me, it was the Legend of Zelda franchise FINALLY living up to the expectations I had for it ever since the upcoming latest game was known as “Zelda 64”

Don’t get me wrong, I loved Ocarina of Time, but it was a disappointment for me when stacked up against my expectations:

* Something other than a formula taken from Link to the Past

* An open world with lots of stuff to do, not just steps between dungeons.

* Multiple towns and settlements across the world

* Standing atop Death Mountain and staring across the vast lands of Hyrule.

Breath of the Wild, almost 20 years later, gave me all these things that Ocarina of Time failed to do. So not only is this the first great Zelda game since the N64, IMO, but it is the ultimate Zelda experience. I found myself standing not just atop Death Mountain, but other mountains as well. As people have said, it brings back the original spirit of the franchise and builds it for our current times in the grandest way.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

For me, the real highlights of BOTW were the countless little "wow" moments when I learned some new little trick or nuance to the game's physics and chemistry system, like that dropping an egg in a hot spring turns it into a boiled egg, that rain puts out the fire keese and the fuses of bomb arrows, that holding a fire or ice weapon heats you up/cools you down, that hitting a wet or frozen enemy with an electric weapon creates a lightning AOE, etc.

The amount of thought that's gone into all its countless interactions is just mind-blowing.

happy new year. as celebration I am finishing all seeds... and just passed 200hours gameplay.

Switch!!!

Around the Network

What can I say about the best game of all time. It made me felt like a kud playing OoT for the first time again.

Then I realize this game has surpassed to me OoT. Incredible and still can't believe I'm sayibg this.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Spent a long time getting out of a tight spot with the first great horse I had. Only to run it over a cliff and watch it smash against the rocks in a river and die.

I decided to take responsibility and not load the game. Sammy would be remembered. I now ride Sammy II whom I will protect to the end.

My favorite moment was the entire desert portion of the game. Running through there and infiltrating Gerudo Town as a woman, the Yiga clan, battling the elements, running through the snow searching for the statue, avoiding/fighting Lynels; It all resonated with me extremely well.

You know that thing when you uhhh...and then you...hmmm. But then you have to...umm, Yuh.

Pavolink said:

Then I realize this game has surpassed to me OoT. Incredible and still can't believe I'm sayibg this.

Same, I was doubtful a Zelda game would ever surpass Ocarina of Time for me, but BOTW pulled off the impossible.

Podings said:
Spent a long time getting out of a tight spot with the first great horse I had. Only to run it over a cliff and watch it smash against the rocks in a river and die.

I decided to take responsibility and not load the game. Sammy would be remembered. I now ride Sammy II whom I will protect to the end.

There is a way to resurrect your horses after they die.

In some way I hope they'll announce another DLC pack for BotW during today's Direct. I just don't want to be done yet with this game. Even after as many hours as I already put into it.