By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best shooter in the past 5 years?

What's your pick?

It has to be a 2008-2013 shooter game.

I think Battlefield 3 is the best, followed by Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Gears of War 3.

Around the Network

Halo 4 blows everything else out the water.

Does Left For Dead 2 count as a shooter? If so, that's my pick!

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:

You shoot guns in the game....

Metroid Prime Trilogy

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Battlefield 3 followed closely by Gears 3

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

ThatGreekGuy said:
Raze said:

You shoot guns in the game....

yea it's a first person shooter with Zombies in it. it's a thrill ride online.

OT: 

KZ2, Starhawk, GEARS, and Left for Dead. oh yea Resistence 1 and 3.

well this is a bit weird.

The best game with shooting for me is deus ex: Human Revolution, but not for it's shooting qualities.

If it's based on how much I like the shooting qualities I'd pick dead space 2, or Resident evil 5.

You are on vgchartz so what is exclusive on Sony?

Halo 4/3 or call of duty 4. And Im not saying that because I like either one. Its simple why i choose those. They have the most active communitities out of anything else mentioned. They are both popular because they are good. People sgtay playing them because they are aaddicting. Seriosly annoyed if people dont start stating facts on this website. he isnt asking for your opinion. He is asking what is the best. while the best is an opinion i think we should consider what the majority of people will think and asking a site dominated by Sony and nintendo i dont expect this to be accurate what so ever. Go survey random people or a site that has a wider variety of people and your answer will almost certainly be halo or call of duty

I might sound biased when i say this but i'm not.

For me it would be Killzone 2, it's one of the most underrated game ever and the best 1st person shooter to ever come out on consoles.

The multiplayer is way better than most people say.