By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3rd Quarter Results (Oct-Dec) - Profit of over 450 million US

lol (I need to find the thread here)

Edit - I found: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149076

Around the Network

Oh wow. Pachter is not holding back. He loves pushing people's buttons like this.

green_sky said:
Oh wow. Pachter is not holding back. He loves pushing people's buttons like this.

He and the Nintendo fanbase have been grudging for years now. I'm sure he was more than happy to jump at the opportunity.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

kowenicki said:
Saved by the yen

Poor financials

Poor hardware

Poor forecasts.

Pretty poor.

I can't disagree... and the forecast shows high loss for the fiscal year.

kowenicki said:
Saved by the yen

Poor financials

Poor hardware

Poor forecasts.

Pretty poor.

People are forgetting that the wii/ds era are over. Which means that they are pretty much going back to the gamecube/N64 days and the gameboy advance days which obviously means their HW,SW and overall sales will be much lower then the previous gen (WII/DS). In my opinion, I see this as nothing more then a simple transition phase.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
benji232 said:
kowenicki said:
Saved by the yen

Poor financials

Poor hardware

Poor forecasts.

Pretty poor.

People are forgetting that the wii/ds era are over. Which means that they are pretty much going back to the gamecube/N64 days and the gameboy advance days which obviously means their HW,SW and overall sales will be much lower then the previous gen (WII/DS). In my opinion, I see this as nothing more then a simple transition phase.

So now it's the PS2 era again with PlayStation 4K???

ethomaz said:
benji232 said:
kowenicki said:
Saved by the yen

Poor financials

Poor hardware

Poor forecasts.

Pretty poor.

So now it's the PS2 era again with PlayStation 4K???

When I meant going back to the gamecube/N64 days and gameboy days, I meant in terms of sales of Nintendo merchandise, not in terms of sony and microsoft hardware.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Nintendo lost far more sales to Angry Birds and it's misbegotten ilk than they did to Sony or Microsoft. Why do you think Nintendo tried to come up with their own tablet controller? Smartphones and tablets have taken the "non-gamer" demographic that Nintendo came to rely so dearly on with the Wii/DS era. The marketplace is a completely different environment than it was 5-10 years ago.

As GREE said, "We know how to defeat Nintendo."

More from Pachter...

“I always thought Nintendo’s Wii U software forecast made no sense,”

“They initially guided 24 million, are taking that down to 16 million, which is a 4:1 software attach rate. That’s reasonable, especially given that the installed base is 3 million hardware units now and the guidance implies they need to ship only 4.31 million more software units.”

“The hardware guidance is disappointing, and there isn’t really anything that will get hardware moving other than a price cut. I think they got it wrong with this console, it just doesn’t capture the imagination the way that the Wii did.”

“The Wii U is not going to be very competitive if Sony and Microsoft launch comparable consoles at comparable prices,”

“The early weakness will cause many third party publishers to re-think support for the Wii U, and we might not see much support at holiday 2013.” 

ethomaz said:

More from Pachter...

“I always thought Nintendo’s Wii U software forecast made no sense,”

Agreed. Their predictions were ridiculous.

“They initially guided 24 million, are taking that down to 16 million, which is a 4:1 software attach rate. That’s reasonable, especially given that the installed base is 3 million hardware units now and the guidance implies they need to ship only 4.31 million more software units.”

Again, agreed.

“The hardware guidance is disappointing, and there isn’t really anything that will get hardware moving other than a price cut. I think they got it wrong with this console, it just doesn’t capture the imagination the way that the Wii did.”

I disagree. SW will absolutely push the Wii U. Especially if it's a Blockbuster Title.

“The Wii U is not going to be very competitive if Sony and Microsoft launch comparable consoles at comparable prices,”

I doubt MS or Sony will.

“The early weakness will cause many third party publishers to re-think support for the Wii U, and we might not see much support at holiday 2013.” 

I think Nintendo is used to failing with third-parties by now. It's like their mission.