By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is Monilith Soft's new game somthing for square enix to worry about? Can it take final fantasy's crown?

is Monilith Software's new game somthing for square enix to worry about?

yes, they should be very worried 84 35.59%

they should be kinda worried 52 22.03%

X will do well, but wont ... 78 33.05%

No X wont do that well and FF is fine 21 8.90%

Total:235

final fantasy slowly losing ground in terms of sales, and now we have this new rpg that is a seqeul to a highly rated game and is getting tons of hype, is it something for square to worry about?

Around the Network

As much as I like the Xeno series. I don't think it will ever gain the sales to outsell Final Fantasy. Especially the main series.

Nintendo handled the first games marketing absolutely terrible too.

"Monolith Soft" Edit title.

@OP no. FF has too much of a brand name, and does squareenix.

I am seeing the developer reaching a cult status though.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

The game didn't look much like FF.

Versus XIII will probably sell more then the next 3-4 Xenos combined actually. I'm pretty sure Square will market the holy hell out of it. Also people have been waiting since fire was first discovered.

Around the Network

Why should they?

Monolith Soft. is 1st party so only WiiU owners will play their games. Meanwhile Square-Enix will develop for PS4, Nextbox and maybe WiiU so a lot more people will buy their games.

No, they aren't and they won't be.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The game will definately open a lot of eyes as to what they are missing out on but FF has a huge fan base due to years of marketing so I dont think they need to worry yet. Anyone in their right mind know Xenoblade was way better than FF XIII. If this game is marketed and promoted properly Square would have no choice but to step their game up. RPG are not meant to be linear, the fun of them is exploration and freedom to make the player feel like they are part of the experience. I dont know what Square has been thinking from FF X to FF XIII. There is no more excuse for their incompetence because a smaller studio (Monolith Soft) is making far better games with less resources and manpower.

I don't know how a game that doesn't seem to be FF could take FF's "crown."
But no, even if it was like Final Fantasy I doubt it could reign as the best RPG.

In terms of sales probably not, but in terms of quality they should absolutely be worried

melbye said:
In terms of sales probably not, but in terms of quality they should absolutely be worried

^^ Exactly what i said. If Square does not start putting quality content into the FF series a lot of people will eventually seek it elsewhere.