By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - My SMG prediction is looking grim...

Hey-ho, it's Rol!

Welcome back, you naughty monkey.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Goonies FTW.

Glad I wasn't the only one who got that quote.

RolStoppable said:
Final-Fan said:
RolStoppable said:

When ioi changed the look of the profiles on this site, the data in the "About me" section got lost in my profile and I don't remember the exact numbers. Anyway:

Wii catching up to the 360 in the USA before 2007 ends failed by about 1.7m units. I was off by a lot.
360 selling at most another 2m units for the rest of the year failed by about 1.6m units. I was off by 80 %.

Is that why your avatar is sad now?

No, it's because of my recent ban and lack of explanation for it.

I'm very dissapointed in you Rol, banned for no reason at all?.... next time I want at least a witty insult.

Seriously though I checked your posts and got nothing, have you PMed a mod to ask?

My prediction 10 million.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

Necroed

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

Mummel, Have you seen the light on Wii fit as well, have you understood my prediction?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I predict 10-15 million sales for Mario Galaxy

Nice crow eating thread, mummelman. Good to see some can admit when they underestimated the power of the dark side. Your MP3 prediction isn't too bold, however, considering that he Prime series as a whole will be lucky to hit 7 million (and that includes Hunters and Pinball). While there are some hardcore Metroid players around here that hyped the game (myself included) we are not in the majority. On a brighter note....it looks like MP3 will pass MP2: Echoes.

I was off by about 1.5-2mil on all of my sales predictions to the end of 2007 (for wii, 360 and ps3)

SMG LT sales will not pass 7 million, neither will MP3 or SSBB. Mario Kart will top out at roughly 12 million this gen and be the best selling Wii game besides the bundled ones. (MP3 still won't make it imo, maybe half, SSBB is still a shot in the dark, but SMG will most certainly pass 7 and maybe onto 9 or10)

I don't really understand why MP3 is in there, 7 million doesn't make sense as a ceiling for it. Metroid sells respectable amounts but it's not some massive Mario or Zelda seller, no single game as passed the 3 million mark so shooting up to 7 million just comes off as odd to me. It's like saying DMC4 won't hit 6 million on the PS3 and then realizing that no other DMC has even come close to those numbers.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"