By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vote: Top 5 New IP's of the generation

1. Xenoblade
2. Muramasa
3. Endless Ocean
4. Wii Sports
5. Red Steel

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

1. Uncharted
2. Borderlands
3. Portal
4. Batman Arkham series
5. inFamous

1º Uncharted
2º Gears of War
3º Assassin's Creed
4º Bioshock
5º Fallout franchise (The games made by Bethesda)

1. Uncharted
2. Dead Space
3. Infamous
4. Gears of War
5. Little Big Planet

1. Uncharted

2. Infamous

3. Mass Effect

4. Little big planet

5. Sleeping Dogs

Around the Network

1: Wii series
2: Minecraft
3: Portal
4: Mount & Blade
5: Gears of War

I LOVE ICELAND!

1.Uncharted
2.Gears of War
3.Borderlands
4.LittleBigPlanet
5.Mass Effect

1. Uncharted
2. Littlebigplanet
3. Heavy rain
4. Infamous
5. Journey

(We should totally redo this when TLOU comes out :D)

pezus said:

1. Uncharted
2. Assassin's Creed
3. LittleBigPlanet
4. Batman: Arkham ...
5. Portal

(btw, there's no way Gears is the most influential game this generation, unless you mean out of the new IPs. Look at CoD, that is the true defining franchise this generation)

I actually consider Gears and Call of Duty to be the two most inluential games this generation.

Gears basically reformatted TPS games completely, had a cinimatic approach to it with the Unreal Engine as well.  

Basically we now have a
perfected Cover System
Camera View and the sprint 
Hoard
Cinematics
Unreal Engine

All these got much bigger after gears although I'd say Uncharted is the game that perfected cinimatics.

Call of Duty is also influential but more to the online components like perks and aiming down the the barrel with guns.  

Anybody who says that Gears hasn't been one of the most if not the most inluential games this generation knows very little.  TPSs have changed because of this game and to see so many people not vote for this game makes me once again question people on this site.  Games like Mass Effect and Uncharted wouldn't even be the same without Gears.Even if you dont like the game I cant see people argueing the strengths to this game.

1-Uncharted
2-To The Moon
3-Heavy Rain
4- Assassin's Creed
5- LittleBigPlanet

and i have to disagree with you jaywood i would say uncharted2 was way more influential than any gears game. i didnt put gears in my list because i didnt play it