4. Bioshock

5. Gears of War

Around the Network

1. Batman Arkham
2. Left 4 Dead
3. Souls Series
4. Mass Effect
5. Borderlands

Honorable mentions: Uncharted, Portal, Valkyria Chronicles, and Red Dead Redemption.

Dishonorable mentions: Assassin's Creed

007BondAgent said:
green_sky said:
007BondAgent said:
1. Uncharted
2. Assassins Creed
3. La Noire
4. Dark Souls
5. Red dead redemption

007. New M reporting. I think Read Dead started last generation with Red Dead Revolver. Since it is totally new and different it might still count. You may keep your 007 status since you like such an awesome game but next time check your smartphone while drinking green bottle beer.

Other dudes please keep calm. There is no denying that Gears of War was a pioneer in a lot of things. The cover system, horde mode can now be found in all games. Plus big heavy dudes sprinting so fast is enough of a revolution. I've only played half of Gears 1 and 2's horde mode. That is why it didn't make the list. 

:O!!

Isn't red dead redemption a spiritual successor though? kinda like dark souls

It's confusing though aha

Im not sure to be honest.  Ill cound RDR anyways because i dont think anybody can say 100% unless you bring proof from the devs themselves.

Technically Red Dead Redemption is a spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver. Similar title, similar environment, similar theme, and Redemption even features playable characters from Red Dead Revolver. I doubt anyone cares though, considering people still vote for Bioshock even though it's a spiritual successor.

Jay520 said:
Technically Red Dead Redemption is a spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver. Similar title, similar environment, similar theme, and Redemption even features playable characters from Red Dead Revolver. I doubt anyone cares though, considering people still vote for Bioshock even though it's a spiritual successor.

what is bioshock a spiritual successor of?  Ive never heard this before

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

what is bioshock a spiritual successor of?  Ive never heard this before

System Shock. I agree with that, but Red Dead Redemption is not a new IP.

Yes I know RDR is not a new IP.  Me and somebody else talked about this in a recent thread although i dont remember with who.  The only reason Im going to count it is because very few people know that.  It has so few votes that it wont make it though so its no big deal. bioshock on the other hand has a chance and I had no idea that it was a spiritual successor so consider me shocked.

CGI-Quality said:
the2real4mafol said:
CGI-Quality said:
the2real4mafol said:
1. Heavy Rain
2. LA noire
3. Uncharted
4. Sleeping Dogs
5. Little Big Planet

#1. Really now? 

I put at number 1 as it's the most unique game i ever played, i loved how the game's story had so many different endings and how my own actions truly affected them. no other game even now can do that. Plus the QTE's didn't bother me too much. Also, it was my first platinum trophy :) 

Oh, no argument from me, I just didn't realize other people liked it to that degree, except for d21lewis.

What did you think of heavy rain then?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

1.Uncharted
2.Heavy Rain
3.inFamous
4.Resistance
5.Heavenly Sward

1. Assassin's Creed
2. Batman Arkham
3. Mass Effect
4. Dead Space
5. Infamous

In my mind Red Dead Redemption and Xenoblade should not be eligble, either because they are not franchises or they aren't new franchises(Red Dead Revolver and Xenogears)

CGI-Quality said:
the2real4mafol said:
CGI-Quality said:
the2real4mafol said:
CGI-Quality said:

#1. Really now? 

I put at number 1 as it's the most unique game i ever played, i loved how the game's story had so many different endings and how my own actions truly affected them. no other game even now can do that. Plus the QTE's didn't bother me too much. Also, it was my first platinum trophy :) 

Oh, no argument from me, I just didn't realize other people liked it to that degree, except for d21lewis.

What did you think of heavy rain then?

I never thought I'd get a question like this on VGC.

Why are you a developer or anything like that? 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018