By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Platinum Games Shows Interest In The Darksiders Franchise

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SwansVanTerif said:
I think Sony would be mad not to bid on this, if they can get it for cheap. It would fit perfectly into their first party line-up, securing them an alternative to Zelda exclusively.

They've got God of War, which this game copied. Theres no need. 

I don't think you ever played a Darksider game...

Around the Network
Rafux said:
Sony should buy Vigil and make an open world God of War title.

I love Darksiders but for some reason it never sold big.

Its a million seller.

It doesnt make huge ammounts of money but its profitable.

With proper design tweaks and hype generation it could sell alot more. This is why platinum getting it is actually a pretty good idea, but so would Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft aquiring them. Its a good studio and i can see them beeing pretty useful for nintendo for example. They could make a western Zelda, it could be quite interesting since Darksiders draws from it alot.

I am appauled at how no one bought them. I just hope the decision is reversible, cause i doubt theres no one interested in this studio. I think things just happened too fast and only certain publishers were made aware of the sale. As you can see, platinum didnt even know about it.

Why not? No Darksiders 3 will dissapoint a lot of fans. Use the same engine and use low resources, make a profit off of it.

It's just that simple.

Hynad said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SwansVanTerif said:
I think Sony would be mad not to bid on this, if they can get it for cheap. It would fit perfectly into their first party line-up, securing them an alternative to Zelda exclusively.

They've got God of War, which this game copied. Theres no need. 

I don't think you ever played a Darksider game...

its like a hybrid of Zelda and God of War, but the first game failed to capitalize on it. The hack n slash, the health, climbing mechanics. I've played the first and my friend just lent me the second.

hopefully not. PG would ruin Darksiders with their shitty camera that they have used in every action game they have developed. And also this guys do not understand at all the meaning of the word epic. Also the story in all PG games sucks.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
hopefully not. PG would ruin Darksiders with their shitty camera that they have used in every action game they have developed. And also this guys do not understand at all the meaning of the word epic. Also the story in all PG games sucks.

Nobody on the Internet understands what epic means. Platinum Games have made some of the best Action Games in the past years. These guys understand Gameplay and if there is something that needs to be fixed in Darksiders then its that. And I am sure if Platinum wants to make a Darksiders 3 they will add some of the original staff to it. And you really think Darksiders had good story? 

Well somebody needs to get this IP! And preferably the studio as well! I can really see this as a great opportunity for Nintendo to expand their Western appeal and get some more westernized games; we all love Retro and Vigil isn't half bad either!!

Sony I think is in the least need of this IP and studio, and Microsoft has got Fable, but could really need another IP...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Soundwave said:

Why doesn't Nintendo just buy them out for crying out loud. They probably could be had for a very low cost. 

Maybe if they were more proactive with investment in Western studios we wouldn't be sitting with software droughts for every system they release.

Word!! and they'd get a bit more wester appeal as well

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

enrageorange said:

The big issue with darksiders is the combat is kind of meh compared to some other hack and slash games. If the ip is to be kept as a hack and slash adventure game platinum is no doubt the best choice because they are by far the best in the business when it comes to hack and slash combat.

Although I don't think platinum is in a position to buy the ip. They don't publish their own games so they would need to work with a publisher to make it happen.

yea, I only played the first one for some 4 hours before deleting it, but judging by those the combat really was frustrating, as the character was always felt like he was paralyzed for half a second after doing a combo

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Metrium said:
I doubt PG has the money to make a serious offer.

They dont need the devs, just the rights. Most of the companies were sold relatively cheap at liquidated prices.

I see way more Zelda and PoP similarities than God of War.