By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Today I was going to announce that I hate Nintendo for taking my best gaming years away from me, but then I realized I could be bi-polar

Mnementh said:
Mensrea said:

* Certain game has been removed because of how terrible it was. If game is mentioned, I gouge my eyes out with a rusty spork*

(Thinking: Well, that's something I want to see.)

Aloud: Ahem, wasn't there some other title? What was the name? rehtoM? No. Mother? No, that's a different game? Ah, now I have it: Other M!

*smiles innocently*

*Starts gouging*

Great! I'm blindd, still type prtyy goodd. I thank yoo.

Around the Network

I'm very happy with Nintendo at the moment but then I was happy with them as far as the Wii went too. The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles more than made up for the drought we experienced towards the end of the Wii's life imo.

The Wii was the first Nintendo console I've owned, I always favoured the PS1 over the N64, the PS2 over the Gamecube and the PSP over the DS. I also never had a NES or SNES because I owned a 48K Speccy at that time, contributing to the Crash of 84. But now I can see I've missed a shitload of quality gaming over the years. I've now got a 3DS, Wii and Wii U and will probably buy a PS4 when they release a Slim version but in the meantime I think I'm going to be happy just owning the Wii U.

No sane man can be mad at Nintendo!

Bloody hell, spurge! Your love/hate relationship with Nintendo never cease to astound me, ol' chap..! LOL

Mua? The only times I really hate Nintendo was for the dumb decisions they made, like releasing the Virtual Boy and causing the father of Game Boy to leave the company, pulling the stunt behind Sony's back for partnering Phillips for making the CDi that caused the birth of the Playstation and etc...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:
Bloody hell, spurge! Your love/hate relationship with Nintendo never cease to astound me, ol' chap..! LOL

Mua? The only times I really hate Nintendo was for the dumb decisions they made, like releasing the Virtual Boy and causing the father of Game Boy to leave the company, pulling the stunt behind Sony's back for partnering Phillips for making the CDi that caused the birth of the Playstation and etc...

Unless it was the other way around.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

I grew up with them (33 years old), but I've come to realize that they're not the innovative (new IP, software wise) company of the 80's that I grew up with. They're selling their products to families, not hard core gamers. They're more interested in the bottom line (cheap consoles) than gaming imo. So, without hate, or anything ridiculous like that, I've moved on.

I still have my NES and 70 glorious carts that I play all the time, but those days are gone and Nintendo isn't about that anymore.

prayformojo said:
I grew up with them (33 years old), but I've come to realize that they're not the innovative (new IP, software wise) company of the 80's that I grew up with. They're selling their products to families, not hard core gamers. They're more interested in the bottom line (cheap consoles) than gaming imo. So, without hate, or anything ridiculous like that, I've moved on.

I still have my NES and 70 glorious carts that I play all the time, but those days are gone and Nintendo isn't about that anymore.

I'm pretty sure that the NES was targeted at families.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
prayformojo said:

People act like this is some new thing Nintendo is trying, but Nintendo has always tried to do a mix of hardcore and casual stuff.  Kirby's Adventure, Super Mario Kart, Mario Party, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64, etc.  It's not like Nintendo started courting casual gamers with the Wii U.

JWeinCom said:
F0X said:
prayformojo said:

People act like this is some new thing Nintendo is trying, but Nintendo has always tried to do a mix of hardcore and casual stuff.  Kirby's Adventure, Super Mario Kart, Mario Party, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64, etc.  It's not like Nintendo started courting casual gamers with the Wii U.

It becomes perfectly clear when you realize that the NES was basically called "Family Computer" in Japan. Nintendo wasn't trying to hide it, and honestly I don't think they should.

F0X said:
prayformojo said:

Yes, because we all know 3 year olds, 45 year old mothers and 70 year old grandmothers can beat Metroid and Zelda 2.