By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think Homosexuality can be "cured?" Do you want to "fix" it?

Do you think Homosexuality can be cured?

WHAT?? You can't cure it. 61 31.77%

You Can't, Homosexuality is a Choice 9 4.69%

No, it's just a matter o... 39 20.31%

Yes, Through Psychological/Social Therapy 19 9.90%

Yes, Through Drugs, It's... 8 4.17%

Yes, though Genetic Modifications 9 4.69%

Yes, though Drugs & T... 6 3.13%

I'm not sure 8 4.17%

See Results 33 17.19%

Total:192
Boutros said:
Michael-5 said:
Boutros said:
Michael-5 said:
Boutros said:

Don't you think that what should be cured isn't the actual sexual orientation but the negative perception people have of homosexuality?

Imagine a vaccine that would make all those unhappy homosexuals accept who they are instead of changing who they are.

That's the best option if you really want to be proactive.

Why not cure both? This inly furthur increases the freedom people have.

Why would you have to cure homosexuality if every homosexual is fine with being homosexual?

If that were the case, then I'd probably be looking for a cure to cure heterosexuals who want to be homosexual.

>.>

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Yes, I am awar for an extended period of time (8 weeks?) fetus's have no gender. They have a stub, which either grows into a penis, or falls off and becomes a vagina. However in the end, we are either one or the other because of the estrogen/testosterone level in our bodies. Rarely are we both, or neither.

I guess.....transexualism wouldn't be a bad thing, but not the way it's performed now. When a male converts to a female, they drain the contents of his penis, invert it, and expand the inside. Transexual females never have overies, they cannot procreate, and I'm not sure, but I don't think they have periods, or lubricate themselves during intercourse.

So what a transexual is now, I don't agree with. An inverted Penis is not a Vagina. Boobs and body hair, that can be manipulated through hormone adjustments, but the whole bottom part.......We just aren't capable of converting people like nature can assign people.

As for converting because of ridicule, yea I understand that, but we can't really force people to live in an anti homosexual family, and force them to stay homosexual.

Obviously there are a lot of issues, but we can't ignore a single one. A Cure, tolerance, etc, all must be worked on simultaneously.

There are other genetic traits that can define Male (XY) and Female (XX). Some can contain illegal chromosome combinations (YY) or even more than two chromosomes. It's outside the realms of textbook "sexual reproduction" but the question is, should it be treated, or can one of these eventually become another evoloutionary step?

I'm not sure if the prcedure is that simple. Some of the initial organ has to go towards construction of the clitoris etc. My unserstanding is, the lubrication is stil there, but not the others, but the same is the case with women who have perhaps had their ovaries removed because of cancer or soemthing. Not everything humankind does is based on procreation. Why do you think dildos and fleshlights were made?

If a homosexual was in an anti-homosexual family, I'd recommend family counselling before ANY drugs are administered. You don't kill a weed by chopping the leaves off. You have to go for the root of the problem, and homosexuality itself isn't a problem; some people jsut make it out to be a problem.

I disagree with simultaneous action. If acceptance was worked on before curing, then the cure would be administered for the right reasons only. In the opposite situation, I think we'd see cures being administered for the wrong reasons, and thus acceptance may never grow to a real thing. Simultaneous is probably cutting it just a little too close for comfort...

Michael-5 said:
Boutros said:
Michael-5 said:
Boutros said:
Michael-5 said:
Boutros said:

Don't you think that what should be cured isn't the actual sexual orientation but the negative perception people have of homosexuality?

Imagine a vaccine that would make all those unhappy homosexuals accept who they are instead of changing who they are.

That's the best option if you really want to be proactive.

Why not cure both? This inly furthur increases the freedom people have.

Why would you have to cure homosexuality if every homosexual is fine with being homosexual?

If that were the case, then I'd probably be looking for a cure to cure heterosexuals who want to be homosexual.

>.>

You really know how to close doors in a fabulous way lol

Kinda ironic roflmao

Many of the posts in this thread sadden me, and a few straight up sicken me. Seriously? Comparing Homosexuality to alzheimers or aspergers? What the fuck is wrong with this world? I can't believe this conversation is even capable of happening.

If you have a problem with homosexuality, you are a despicable human being.

If you honestly think homosexuality is a disease and is harmful to the social fabric, you are ignorant, and you are the problem.

If you think Homosexuality is any more a choice than heterosexuality, then you are ignorant.

If you perpetuate the loosely held social stances above, then you need to be forcibly removed from civilized society, go live in the past, you're not welcome in the future.

I come across as harsh, I know, and I'm sure I'll be reported a dozen times from everyone offended by my harsh statements, but I don't care. why? I'm offended at some of the ignorant, rude, aggressively intolerant statements seen in this thread, and I believe extreme problems need to be met with extreme measures. I'd rather talk things out peacefully, but sometimes you need to know when it's a lost cause.

So, Homosexuality. Tell me, why would it need to be cured? It's a naturally occuring phenomena not just in humans but in many creatures, it doesn't hurt anyone (and keep in mind, correlation does not equal causation), and frankly, regardless of age, you have a right to do what you want with your body. If you want to shove dildos up your ass, or (even better) get your buddy to fuck you, that's your business and nobody else's business save the person with you.

I'm so sick of so much of modern society hinging on burying its nose in everyone else's business. if I want to put in a cock ring, that's my business. if I want to fuck dudes, that's my business. Hell, if I wanted to hang upside down and have someone drip hot wax on my ball sack, that's my business, and don't dare try to tell me something that isn't harming anyone else is immoral.

The bottom line on the issue is: My body, my business. Unless my actions are harming others (and no, I don't mean offending), then you have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do. That goes for what hand I write with, what gender I prefer my partners to be, or what I do with my own body.

Some people truly disgust me.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Homosexuality is neither a disease nor a disorder.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
DaHuuuuuudge said:
Michael-5 said:
wfz said:
What does "normal" mean? It's not normal in the sense that we are "supposed" to be attracted to the opposite sex in order to procreate and keep our species alive. In that case it's kind of the opposite of normal. Then again, maybe it is normal because it acts as some sort of minor population control mechanism since not everyone has the desire to procreate? :P

Anyways, it could be changed. Anything about us humans can be changed.

Is Altzeimers normal? Is Depression Normal? Is Schizophrenea Normal?

They occur randomly in a small percentage of the population, but is it normal? If it were normal, why would we search for treatments to these normal occurances?

Do you agree that the above 3 are disorders? Do you agree that they affect a persons freedom and ability to make decisions?

Is Homosexuality any different?

Altziermers makes you incapable of memory, and forces you to live a certain way. Deperession forces you to always be gloomy, and not able to enjoy yourself as much as your mind would like it to. Schizophrenea alters your sense of what's real, which makes you make decisions which are bizarre. Does homosexuality not prevent you from heterosexual relationships? For those wishing to live Heterosexual lives, does it not restrict their freedoms?

What a terrible argument.

Alzheimer's disease is a lethal condition. Seeking treatment can prolong death. Depression can lead to suicide, and treating depression can literally save lives. Schizophrenia can endanger the patient and those around him or her (not to mention the fact that it is a terrible, painful thing to watch happen, which I can attest to from experience).

And your "being gay precludes being straight" argument is just ludicrous. What about those who are bisexual? What about people with red hair, isn't there 'condition' precluding them from growing black hair?

I'm using extremes for a reason, obviously homosexuality is not as extreme as Schizophrenia, or Depression (I've worked at a Mental Health Agency - CAMH, unless you have a direct family member with this condition, I'se probably had a lot more experience with people like this then you), however that's not to say it isn't negatively affecting. Most homosexuals go through a state of depression upon first discovery, and many who wish to become heterosexual, or those who are from a religious family, often go through prolongued periods of depression. The depression isn't biological in origin, but it's still there in many cases.

Maybe I should have related homosexuals more to people with Anxiety Disorders, but the purpose of comparing it to extreme, but similar examples is to emphasis the condition. Why cure one thing, but not the other, just because it's significantly less harmful?

What about people with Red Hair? That's genetic, you only get red hair if your parents or an ancestor has red hair. It's not a mutation like Albinoism. Nothing wrong with being albino, but I'm sure some people, who want to go onto the beach, wish their was a cure. Homosexuals are no different

My aunt had Schizophrenia, so I am very aware of the effects of the condition. I also have a non-agoraphobic panic disorder. I also know somebody claiming to work at a mental health agency would likely know there's no 't' in Alzheimer's -_-

These represent societal issues, and these issues stem from societies homophobia (hence the 'we can fix gays' argument), not from the state of being gay itself. To put it in layman's terms, bigotry is why anxiety stems from homosexuality.

Perhaps you should open a biology textbook, you'll probably find a great chapter on how mutations are passed down genetically. (although, guessing from your arguments a textbook from where you grew up would likely not contain such a section)

Runa216 said:
Many of the posts in this thread sadden me, and a few straight up sicken me. Seriously? Comparing Homosexuality to alzheimers or aspergers? What the fuck is wrong with this world? I can't believe this conversation is even capable of happening.

If you have a problem with homosexuality, you are a despicable human being.

If you honestly think homosexuality is a disease and is harmful to the social fabric, you are ignorant, and you are the problem.

If you think Homosexuality is any more a choice than heterosexuality, then you are ignorant.

If you perpetuate the loosely held social stances above, then you need to be forcibly removed from civilized society, go live in the past, you're not welcome in the future.

I come across as harsh, I know, and I'm sure I'll be reported a dozen times from everyone offended by my harsh statements, but I don't care. why? I'm offended at some of the ignorant, rude, aggressively intolerant statements seen in this thread, and I believe extreme problems need to be met with extreme measures. I'd rather talk things out peacefully, but sometimes you need to know when it's a lost cause.

So, Homosexuality. Tell me, why would it need to be cured? It's a naturally occuring phenomena not just in humans but in many creatures, it doesn't hurt anyone (and keep in mind, correlation does not equal causation), and frankly, regardless of age, you have a right to do what you want with your body. If you want to shove dildos up your ass, or (even better) get your buddy to fuck you, that's your business and nobody else's business save the person with you.

I'm so sick of so much of modern society hinging on burying its nose in everyone else's business. if I want to put in a cock ring, that's my business. if I want to fuck dudes, that's my business. Hell, if I wanted to hang upside down and have someone drip hot wax on my ball sack, that's my business, and don't dare try to tell me something that isn't harming anyone else is immoral.

The bottom line on the issue is: My body, my business. Unless my actions are harming others (and no, I don't mean offending), then you have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do. That goes for what hand I write with, what gender I prefer my partners to be, or what I do with my own body.

Some people truly disgust me.

We're talking in the sense that homosexuality is a state of mind. Aspergers and Introversion should not be looked upon merely as negatives, rather differing states and viewpoints on the world. Homosexuality would fall into that category as well. It's not a negative state of mind, merely a differening states, one which affects tastes (as in, preference of gender).

fordy said:

We're talking in the sense that homosexuality is a state of mind. Aspergers and Introversion should not be looked upon merely as negatives, rather differing states and viewpoints on the world. Homosexuality would fall into that category as well. It's not a negative state of mind, merely a differening states, one which affects tastes (as in, preference of gender).

but why does it even need to be discussed?  if I decide to fuck my buddy, that doesn't in any way affect you or anyone else.  Why even discuss it?  Frankly, this entire thread could be titled "Should left-handedness be cured?", and it wouldn't be any less nonsensical.  

As stated, if a touch too aggressively, I can't beleve this conversation is even happening in civilized society. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
fordy said:

but why does it even need to be discussed?  if I decide to fuck my buddy, that doesn't in any way affect you or anyone else.  Why even discuss it?  Frankly, this entire thread could be titled "Should left-handedness be cured?", and it wouldn't be any less nonsensical.  

As stated, if a touch too aggressively, I can't beleve this conversation is even happening in civilized society. 

Well I think bedroom dealings should stay in the bedroom myself, but some people choose to make light of what some do in their bedrooms. It is kind of weird.

I'd say with the way medical science is going, we could say we're on the track to "cure" anything associated with cognitive thought and mental ability. Wouldn't it be wise to discuss the ethics of such things, rather than have outspoken anti-gay people having the voice for themselves and pushing a said "cure"?

Runa216 said:

...If you have a problem with homosexuality, you are a despicable human being.

If you think Homosexuality is any more a choice than heterosexuality, then you are ignorant. ..

....but why does it even need to be discussed?  if I decide to fuck my buddy, that doesn't in any way affect you or anyone else.  Why even discuss it?  Frankly, this entire thread could be titled "Should left-handedness be cured?", and it wouldn't be any less nonsensical.  

And we have a winner!

It's an orentation, if it's not yours then it really shouldn't matter.  

But my question is, once same sex marriage is the law in the rest of the lands, as it is going now, what is going to be the next big social stuggle?

Athiest?  As they get treated poorly by some or something else?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!