By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft to push GTAIV with multi-million commercial campaign

libellule said:

people are stupid sometimes strange

if the game is release on the 2 consoles, it will be advertise on the 2 consoles
MS cant put "Xbox360 exclusive" cause it is not
and remember the dl content will be availbale in ....... 6 months, so MS can't put "exclusive content on Xbox360"

we will see

For a good month or two, Sony's Assassin's Creed and CoD4 commercials ONLY said Playstation 3, without a hint of PS3 in them.  No logo, nothing.  I know someone who thought AC was only for PS3 because of it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Some people here saying GTA IV should've been scrapped on PS3 are so delusion..lol!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sometimes I feel like the proverbial voice in the wilderness. The only real issue in this debate are the prices of the respective consoles. Thats what is keeping the majority of gamers on the fence. This isn't a small expense these consoles so young, so new, and so expensive are difficult choices. I know many on these forums have an almost disturbing level of disposable income, but for most consumers three hundred dollars or four hundred dollars are real hardships.

Microsoft has done exceedingly well with their advertising campaigns in the past. Not only have they for the most part been well done. They have driven spending frenzies. We all saw what they did with Halo 3. When Microsoft is serious they can literally pervade the consumer consciousness. Augment that kind of success with a better price tag for their console, and they could corner the market for this game on two fronts.

They might finally make in financially possible for a greater section of the population to take the leap to the next generation, but they could use this game to create a sense of need in such consumers. Those Playstation 2 owners as a whole don't want to move on you really have to rile them up, and it might be possible to get those consumers to pay something between two hundred and three hundred dollars. I am not sure it is possible in mass for Sony to do that with their four hundred dollar console.

Incidentally does anyone else recall that Sony funded a major holiday campaign during the holiday season. I remember some commenting on it perhaps Microsoft deferred some advertising revenue explicitly for a blow out advertising add campaign perhaps to tout Grand Theft Auto, and the suspected price cut.

well they should if they want theyre console to sell more

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I bet it will say " very very very very quietly exclusive content" then rapidly say loud EXLCUSIVE TO XBOX 360. Then you will see bad stuff, I personally am not buingthe game since its going to be a terrible port.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
I bet it will say " very very very very quietly exclusive content" then rapidly say loud EXLCUSIVE TO XBOX 360. Then you will see bad stuff, I personally am not buingthe game since its going to be a terrible port.

You're breaking Rockstar's heart, leo.

Please, think of the children. Those little Scottish tykes need food. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

^yes they will be fun to watch,i wonder if they will advertise it like its exclusive

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

can't wait to see another fox news report: GTA IV MARKETED TO YOUNG KIDS....

@leo-j

please leo-j

Who have you thought Rockstar is??

they are NOT EA....they are like (if not better) Infinity Ward!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@darth

No Im a true ps3 fan unlike you I wont be buying anymore cheap ports.

Yes they will advertise it like an exclusive like everyother Multi platform game.

mM